23 | Letters

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

Flashaback

Tomorrow's the night the Scouts are retaking Wall Maria. Right now, Eren was brushing my hair since he wanted to.

"Y/N... You're looking tense. Are you alright?" 

"Yeah. Don't worry. Just continue what you were doing"

He continued brushing my hair for the next half an hour. We sat in comfortable silence the whole time. I was stuck in thought most of the time.

The thought of leaving Eren and all of my friends here on this island. It breaks my heart so much.

Second after second. Eren's getting slower at brushing my hair. I assume he's getting tired. After all, we just came back from a tiring meat party.

"Eren. You know you can go to bed now, right?"

I stood up and sat beside him. I took the brush away from his hand and placed it on top of the bedside table.

"You need loads of rest. You're going to need loads of energy to fight Reiner, Bertholdt and whoever else is on their side" I continued.

Tomorrow, I was going to fight him for the first time. I'll surely regret everything in the future. If I ever get back to Marley, I'll be faced with so much guilt.

"Huh?! You're not gonna to stay awake, are you? You need to rest as well!"

He tried to snuggle me on the bed. I tried getting up but I just can't. His grip is too strong

"Eren... I have some more work to do. If I want to survive tomorrow, I need to do this" I voiced as I tried to get out of his embrace.

"Promise me you sleep immediately after you finish your work"

How many promises have I made with him? I could only keep around five of them.

"I'll go to sleep at around midnight. Don't worry about me too much. You'll regret it in the future"

As I said that, I walked out of the room and entered my room. Since it was next door, it didn't take me too long to get there.

The 'work' I was going to do was writing the letters I wanted to tell my friends and at least Commander Erwin, Hange and Levi.

I gathered all the materials I needed and started writing.

─────────────

To Sasha,

This would be quite unexpected but I'm sorry. You and I were really close friends and it probably hurts seeing one of your closest friends betrayed you.