14 | Useless

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

3rd Person's Pov

"All troops, fall in! Our mission to recover Eren and Historia will now commence! They are believed to be held in the chapel on the Reiss estate!" Commander Erwin yelled

Meanwhile, with the Levi Squad and both Hange and Moblit, they were still riding their horses and Wagons. Levi was explaining how strong Kenny actually is.

As an opponent, he's near the same threat level as me. Actually, with the weapon's he got, he's even deadlier than me." Levi explained.

"Then there's no way we could beat him..." Sasha trailed off

"That's insane" Y/N muttered

"Maybe if we waited for backup--"

"Absolutely not." Mikasa interrupted Connie.

"I know it's out of the question! Eren might be eaten already if we wait till morning."

Armin added, "But based on what Captain said, he must have at least one weak point."

"You serious, Armin?" Jean asked

"Yeah. He may have training but he doesn't have our practical experience." Armin explained

"But, Levi, how do you know so little about Kenny The Ripper when you lived with him for so long?" Hange asked

Levi apologized, "Sorry. I didn't know his full name till recently. Apparently, it's Kenny Ackerman. Are you two related?" He asked Mikasa.

Mikasa recalled, "Before they died, my parents told me that the Ackerman family, my dad's side, was persecuted in the cities. And because my mum's family was oriental, she didn't feel welcome either. They were both driven to the mountains near the outermost wall, and that's where they met. But I never found out why the Ackermans were persecuted. I don't think it motivated by race like it was for my mother."

Levi then asked, "Have there ever been a time when you felt like some kind of power suddenly awakened inside of you?"

Mikasa suddenly had flashbacks from when she was young and Eren had to tell her to fight the bandits who killed her parents.

"There has." She answered

"Kenny Ackerman experienced it too. One day, he suddenly felt an insane amount of power flowing through his body, and he knew exactly what to do next. I've felt that surge of power too."

timeskip

The Survey Corps arrived at the Chapel and they were ready to attack. Kenny's Personnel Suppression Squad was on high alert. They were guarding the entrance.