42 | Come Back

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

It's been a day since we recruited Annie into our team. Actually, it wasn't just Annie. It was the remaining Warriors, Commander Magath, Yelena and Onyankopon. I sat down on one of the tree trunks thinking if we should let Eren live. It's best if I refrain from choosing any selfish choices but I can't. I said before that I would choose to kill Eren since it was the only way to stop everything. However, it's not that easy. He helped me with everything. Even if he killed so much innocent people, that didn't change my love for him.

But sitting in front of all the people I betrayed makes me extremely anxious. All I could do right now was clutch my necklace. It weirdly made me safe. 

"Are you sure about killing Eren?" Mikasa asked as she sipped her tea.

"No, not really. I don't like the idea of killing the person who truly loved me."

It was true. He was the only person who actually loved me. It's honestly really sad.

"Y/N... You said it yourself. The only thing that could stop this never ending cycle was to kill Eren. Plus, he deserved the punishment for killing hundreds of people" Armin sighed

"I'm sorry... I need some time to think"

Without letting him speak, I got up and walked away towards the outer part of the forest.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

I woke up. I looked around and saw that I was in the paths. Eren was looking down on me. He didn't have the usual eye color I was used to seeing.

My first instinct was to hug him. But, I it ended up with me crying instead.

"Stop crying. I don't want to see your pretty face filled with tears"

As he whispered that to me, I wiped my tears away and just continued to hug him. 

"Y/N... I want you to kill me. Forget about me ever existing"

"No! I don't want to!"

He sighed. "There was once a saying... by a traitor who was once apart of the Survey Corps. It was never meant to be"

Those words hit me like a brick. I regret saying those to them.

"Eren... Please don't say that. We're going to stop this cycle without you dying. It's going to be fine." I tried smiling at him.

"No. You don't understand. I must be killed."

No, there has to be another way. He can't just die. 

"Our chapter has ended, the book must go on. You have to write the rest without me" 

He tried to go away and walk towards that huge coordinate ahead of us but I stopped him.

"Eren! You can't just leave me like this! Just go back home!"

"I'm really sorry Y/N. Please wake up"

"Eren... no! I'm sorry Eren! Please, just come back!"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Eren... no! I'm sorry Eren! Please, just come back!"

"Y/N, it's me. Mikasa"

I opened my eyes to see the black haired girl. She was looking at me concerned.

"Oh... I'm sorry."

I looked around and noticed that it was already morning. Did I really go through the paths?

"Tell me what's bothering you. I can listen" 

I was about to speak but Armin arrived to where we are. "I'm sorry about last night Y/N. It hurts seeing you like this."

"Apology accepted" I smiled at the blonde boy. "But nothing's really bothering me right now. But, Eren's death made me a bit... Unstable?"

"Huh? What do you mean? Eren's still alive." Mikasa muttered

My memories are getting mixed up with the dreams I had.

"Sorry. I worded that weirdly"

"It's fine. We'll be heading out in an hour. Let's get your ODM gear filled up"

"Alright Armin"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

I took a small break and watched some mcyt videos.

Subscribe to Technoblade