12 | The Undercover Titan's Real Identity

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

3rd Person's Pov

"The Survey Corps murdered a civilian! Some of the have fled capture! They're still on the loose! If you see any of these people, report to us immediately!" One of the Military Police yelled as he give out newspapers.

"Told you, didn't I? They were behind that Titan battle here and destroyed practically everything! And now they're planning to have that monster Eren wipe us out!" One of the citizens yelled

Mikasa, Armin and Jean head back to their camp and handed Levi the materials he asked for.

"Captain, we bought the supplies you asked for." Jean spoke.

"The Military Police were handing these out." Armin gave Levi the newspaper page.

Armin continued, "If this was accurate, the Survey Corps is being disbanded. I heard they'll be hunting for us tonight. They're also going to guard the major roads, so we won't be able to get through without a pass. Captain, what now?"

"If we don't hurry, Eren..."

"Calm down. They're using wagons. They won't reach the Reiss Estate for at least a day. We can use that time to come up with a plan." Levi interrupted.

"Mikasa, Eren's going to be fine. I'm sure he will" Y/N smiled at Mikasa

"Captain, I hear footsteps. They're coming this way."

Those two were Hitch and Marlo. They were keeping an eye on everything just in case the Survey Corps suddenly attack them.

"Are you sure we should be so far away from the others?" Hitch asked

Marlo answered, "There's no point in everyone searching the same area."

"Why did I get stuck with you? I know. You just wanted to be alone with me, right, Marlo?" Hitch smirked

"Hitch... Sorry to say this... but you're not exactly my type." Marlo deadpanned

"Oh, is that how it is? Well, same to you."

"Still, don't you find this strange? Why would the Survey Corps kill a civilian and run for the hills? They're normally out there risking their lives for the sake of humanity."

Hitch responded, "Seriously? Did you already forget? How they all but destroyed Stohess District? How they turned the city into a battlefield? How we had to clean up the corpses they left behind? And how even now, Annie is still missing? All her things are still in my room, taking up space."

"But they also discovered that undercover Titan and even managed to capture it. Aren't they the only ones who could do that? If the Survey Corps disband like this, humanity won't--"