ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ᴇʀᴇɴ

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

It was nearly midnight and I was on my way towards Eren's room. At exactly midnight, it would obviously be Eren's Birthday. Coincidently, it was our day off tomorrow as well so, Me, Armin and Mikasa wanted to surprise Eren once he wakes up. But, I had other plans. My plan was basically to sneak into his room and lead him towards our old picnic spot. The one where Eren, Armin and Mikasa planned our first 'date'.

As far as I know, no one was awake. I took that opportunity to run through the hallways till I reached Eren's room. I entered the room and I was immediately greeted by Eren's light snores. Why is he so adorable? 

I lightly poked him in the face and he immediately woke up.

"Oh? Good morning, Y/N... What time it is?" He asked groggily

I giggled, "It's not morning yet, idiot. I have something to show you. Can you please get up right now? Please?" 

"Fine... Anything for you, I guess. What are you going to show me?"

"Just wear a coat or something. I'll meet you outside."

After I said that I immediately got up and went out the door. A few minutes has passed and he finally got out of his room.

"Now, just follow me, alright?"

"Okay. It's not like you're going to kill me or anything." He chuckled

We walked out towards the stables. We got our horses and I lead him to the old forest where we used to go to. Once we arrived, we both tied our horses to a nearby tree. I lead him towards a deep part of the forest. There it was, the lake. I've set up a picnic blanket with my gift on it a few hours ago so it's all good.

"Wait... Why are you suddenly surprising me with this? Did I do something wrong?"

I laughed, "No... That's not it. It's your birthday" 

"Oh... o h. You know, you didn't have to do this. I'm the one who was supposed to spoil you with love and gifts."

He... What did he say?

"But I insist honestly. I've noticed that you were working hard these days so this is basically a relaxation thing? I don't know. But still, it's literally your birthday and I wanted to do this for you." I smiled at him

"You're too nice to be my girlfriend. What did I do to ever deserve you?"

We finally sat down and he suddenly attacked me with a hug.

"Eren, I know it's your birthday but you're literally suffocating me. Can you maybe loosen the hug a bit?" I mumbled from his chest.

"Fine"

He let go of me and he immediately grabbed one of the strawberries I brought here. While he was eating though, I took the time to gaze on Eren. He was just... Marvelous. The first thing the caught my attention on him was his eyes. I felt like I could get lost in them for a long time.

"Y/N you're staring at my eyes again" I snapped back into reality. Eren was now really close to my face.

I took the chance and pecked his lips without him realizing.

"I wasn't staring." I then saw my gift in the corner of my eye. "By the way, can I give you my gift now?"

"Sure."

I grabbed the small box that was beside the bowl of strawberries and then I gave it to him.

"I really hope you like it. It's not much but I've put so much thought and effort in it" 

I watched him open the box and I watched his face lit up. Inside, I've placed my third journal in it.

"Wait... You're journal? You wouldn't even let me read it. Why are you giving this to me?" He questioned

"It's actually the 3rd one I own. Please don't open the letter inside though. Open it once you get back from the operation on taking back Wall Maria." I forced a smile on my face.

"Me? Why didn't you mention yourself with coming back with us? But whatever. I really appreciate you for giving this to me. Thank You" 

"You're welcome. Also, did you know that your eyes actually look really pretty under the moonlight?"

"You're being cheesy, Y/N. It's embarrassing me."

"Good."

Everything that night went well. However, it would probably be the last nights I would be having a genuine smile like this...

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

This ain't cannon to the actual storyline of the story BUT there's this one part that actually was cannon