(13)

I sat up in the bed and seen Von standing in front of me with another girl. She looked at Von and said "She finally woke up." Me: "Uh... Who is this?" Von: "I can't do dis no mo Lai." Me: "What?" I seen a suitcase in his hands then he said "You and Dayvon just too much for me and I can't handle it. Imma still be in touch wit yall doe." Me: "Wait wait whatchu talkin about?" The girl standing next to him laughed and said "He's leaving you and moving out of state with me boo." Me: "Von you-" He put his hand up and said "It's happening Lai. I'm too young to be tied down here witchu and him." Me: "You not bout to just walk out on Dayvon..." Von: "I said I was gon be in touch. He's gettin too bad and I told you ion like bad lil kids." Me: "So you just gon be a fuckin dead beat?" Von: "No. I'll call." Me: "That's not enough! What am I supposed to tell him? What are you gon tell him? He's attached to you Von, you can't just walk out his life!" Von: "I can't do dis no mo. You and me been arguing a lot more and I think it's just time to end dis shit now. You told me to leave if I eva had feelings for somebody else." Me: "That didn't mean walk out on yo fuckin son!" He shrugged then the girl said "This has been going on for a while sis. We finally got tired of sneaking around." I started crying then I said "I really can't believe you... Dis aint even about me, I'm worried bout my son." Von: "He's spoiled asf and bad Lai. I can't deal wit dat. You his mama, figure it out" Me: "You're his fuckin daddy! Fuck you mean figure it out?" Von: "What I said. Imma be outta state doe so.. Yeah. Imma call every year on his birthday or whateva." Me: "Von please don't do dat to him. Please. We can work something out with custody." Von: "You keep him. Come on bae." He grabbed the girl's hand and gave her a kiss then they walked out and slammed the door.

I jumped awake covered in sweat then Von sat up and said "You good?" I was breathing fast then I stared at him until he said "Laiya." Me: "Um... Yeah I just... I just had a bad dream." Von: "About what?" I told him about the whole dream then he said "Da fuck?" Me: "Ion know... I'm confused too." Von: "Dat aint neva happening ma. I'm here to stay." He gave me a kiss and said "I mean dat. Don't be over thinking dat shit either cus I know you will." I smiled a lil bit then I leaned back in and kissed him again. We was kissing each other for a few seconds then I heard Dayvon say "Ewww" He was just standing in the door way staring at us. Von: "Be quiet." Me: "When did you get up baby?" Dayvon: "Now." He was holding his hand on the middle of his pajama pants so I said "You gotta pee?" He nodded then Von said "I got him" He got up and walked out with him to the bathroom. I sat up again and pushed all my hair back then I said "Man what da fuck..." I tried pushing the dream out my head but it was all I could think about for a while. Von came back in and said "Quit over thinking" Me: "I'm not..." Von: "Yes you is. I can tell cus you just sittin there staring at the blankets. You zoned out." Me: "Okay but.. Would you really tell me if-" Von: "It's not gon happen Lai. I promise you" Dayvon ran in and jumped on the bed then he said "Hey!"

Me: "Hi." Dayvon: "Am I still in trouble?" Von: "Is you still gon throw a fit?" Dayvon: "No.." Me: "Then no you not in trouble." Von: "You a big boy na. You can't be throwin allem fits and shit." Dayvon: "Okay." I kissed his forehead then he said "Ew Mommy no. You kissed him." Me: "What? 😭" Dayvon: "I seen you kiss him first." He pointed at Von then I said "So?" Von: "Nigga you think I'm dirty or sum? You my flesh and blood lil boa." Dayvon: "No it's just nasty. Germs" I laughed then Von said "We got da same germs." Dayvon shook his head and said "Uhnt uhn." Von: "Uh huh." Dayvon: "Uhnt uhn." Von: "Yes huh." Me: "Yall be quiet 🤣" Von stuck his tongue out then I said "Stop." His phone started ringing then he said "Oh shit. It's my dad." Dayvon: "Can we go over there today Mama?" Me: "Ion know." Von answered the phone and put it on speaker then he said "Wassup Pops?" Silk: "Aye yall needa come down here and get dis bill." Von: "What bill?" Silk: "Da one fa yo car. The car dat yo crazy ass baby mama fucked up." I raised my eyebrows then Von said "She aint crazy 😂." Silk: "Mhm. I told you bout dem quiet ones." Me: "Ight Silk imma remember dat." Silk: "Boy what I tell you bout puttin me on speaker?" Von laughed then he said "Imma be down there inna lil bit. Imma have Dayvon wit me too." Silk: "Ight imma see you later boy. Y'all be safe." Dayvon: "Bye grandpa!" Silk: "Bye lil man." He hung up then Von said "Y'all needa get dressed." Dayvon jumped up and off the bed then he ran in his room and Von said "Aye chill out boy 🤣. Imma get him dressed ight?" I nodded then he kissed my forehead and said "Don't be in here thinkin bout dat lame ass dream." Me: "Okay."