(16)

Mani was in the hospital for a few more weeks so she could recover. Her and Durk was planning on going back to Atlanta so everybody could see the baby. Dayvon's birthday had passed and I was upset cus of how old he was getting. Von made sure to go all out on his birthday too. The day Mani and Durk were coming back from Atlanta, I got up and walked downstairs because I heard knocking. I opened the door and Mani stood there with the baby seat and diaper bag in her hands. Me: "Heyy. Where's Durk?" Mani: "Ion even know. He took off as soon as we got back. I aint even worried bout it." I took the seat out her hands then I said "Everything good wit yall?" Mani: "I guess. He been stressed cus of work and shit... He supposedly been getting headaches cus the baby's always crying. Ion know what he wants me to do.." I sat the baby seat down and gave her a hug then I said "It's gon be ight" Mani: "But what if it aint? Durk's been acting so weird after I had the baby. He was good during the pregnancy and the first few days at the hospital but now he's just.. gone all the time." Me: "Y'all needa talk about it." Mani: "I will tonight wheneva he comes home. Anyway, I gotta get to work before dis hoe start callin me. Thank you for watching her on a short notice like this. Durk was supposed to but ya know. Imma pay you wheneva I can." Me: "Don't worry bout it. I'm good" Mani: "You sure? She's been a handful lately.." Me: "Mhm." She gave me a hug and said "Thank you. I love you" Me: "I love you too. Be safe." I watched her walk to the car then I closed the door and moved the baby seat out the way.

Willow started crying a few minutes after Mani left so I took her out the seat and said "Aw what's wrong lil mama?" I tried giving her the pacifier but she kept screaming and spitting it out. Me: "Aye aye. Ight maybe you hungry." I held her in one of my arms and pulled a bottle out of her diaper bag so I could fix it. Her face was getting red and she was screaming so much to the point that there wasn't any noise coming out. Me: "You a lil drama queen just like yo mama aint you?" She caught her breath and screamed some more then I tried giving her the bottle but she wouldn't take it. Me: "Why you so fussy? What happened?" I kissed her cheek then I tried rocking her but nothing was helping. Von ended up walking downstairs rubbing his eyes then he said "When she get here?" Me: "Not dat long ago." Von: "Why she cryin so much?" Me: "Ion know.. She won't eat or nothing and ion think she needs to be changed." I felt her diaper and said "Nah." Von: "Hand her here."I handed her to him and he held her up and said "What's wrong witchu lil girl? Huh?" Me: "Stop she's too lil for allat 😂" Von: "She gon be ight. I aint hurtin her." He held her the right way then he started bouncing her in his arm. She got quiet after I handed her to him and I said "Aint dat bout a bitch..." Von: "Yuhh she like ha cousin Von more than you." Me: "Shut up."

I handed him the bottle and said "Now you can feed her." I patted his shoulder then he sucked his teeth and said "Uhnt uhn you posed to feed her." Me: "She wants "Cousin Von" remember? 🤣 You can feed her love." Von: "Dats sum bs." Me: "I gots my own baby I need to check on." Dayvon had just gotten his flu shot so I was tryna check in on him and make sure he was still doing okay. I went upstairs and in his room then I said "Dayvon? You ight?" He rolled over and said "I can't breathe Mama." Me: "Whatchu mean?" He tried breathing through his nose and he said "It's something in it." Me: "Yo nose is stuffy. You feel good?" He shook his head then I put my hand on his forehead and said "Aw you a lil sick. You feel like you gon throw up?" Dayvon: "No." Me: "You been coughing?" He nodded then he said "Can I take a nap?" Me: "Mhm. You gon head and sleep ight?" I kissed his forehead and said "Imma go getchu some medicine okay? If you wake up and me and ya daddy is gone, don't open the door. Just stay in here." Dayvon: "Okay" I walked out and went downstairs then Von said "He ight? He's usually up by now especially when Lo is here." Me: "He got a lil fever. I gotta go get him some medicine." Von: "Lemme go witchu." Me: "Ion know... Ion wanna leave him here by himself, he's only 5." Von: "He prolly gon be sleep." Me: "What if he wakes up?" Von: "He knows not to open the door." Me: "You've left him by himself before??" Von: "Yeah." I shook my head then I said "Why..." Von: "It was late at night bruh." Me: "Ion know Von... Ion wanna leave him here." Von: "Ight hollon." He walked upstairs with the baby and went in Dayvon's room then I said "Why... Okay."