(24)

Weeks had passed and I was avoiding Von as much as I could. Some weekends Dayvon stayed with me and some he stayed with Von. There had been a few times Von had called or texted to check up on me and I would let him know everything about the appointments for our new baby. Q and Maurice were over at my house every day because they didn't want me to be by myself just in case I went into labor. Von called a lil bit too. I felt like his parents were kinda mad at me for the last argument I had with Von but I stopped hanging around them so I didn't know.

One day I went downstairs because Von was supposed to be bringing Dayvon over for the weekend. I felt bad for making him stay at his parents house so I was looking at apartments in the area for me to live in. I opened the front door and Dayvon ran in and said "I gotta go pee!" Von: "Gon head boy. You know to go by ya self" He ran upstairs and I smiled and shook my head. Von: "You heard anything bout her?"

He pointed at my stomach and I said "She's healthy. They said she might come in a week or so." He smiled a weak smile then he said "Bet" He looked so tired while he was standing in front of me. He had bags under his eyes and something in his eyes were different. Me: "You been doin ight?... I just been wondering bout you lately.." Von: "Yeah I'm straight. Preciate it"

Dayvon ran back down and said "Can we all sit in here?" Me: "Huh?" Dayvon: "We don't neva do nun no mo. Ion like switching back and forth" Me and Von looked at each other then I said "Dayvon baby..." Von: "Dats up to ya mama lil man" Dayvon: "Pleaseee Mama? I want everyone down here." We stared at each other then I sighed and said "Fine.."

Dayvon grabbed Von's hand and pulled him to the couch then he said "Mama you sit too." Me: "Whatchu doin? 🤣" He went in the kitchen and came back with 3 juice boxes. Von stared at him then he said "Take it." Von: "What imma do wit it?" Dayvon: "Drink it?? Duh" I laughed then he sat on the couch with me and Von. We ended up watching a movie with him and it did feel nice to have all of us together again. Dayvon grabbed our hands and put mine on top of Von's then he looked at us and smiled.

Von: "Whatchu doin lil man 😂" Dayvon: "Y'all don't talk no mo. I'm used to seeing dis" He pointed at our hands and I said "We got our reasons baby.. We still love you doe" I moved my hand and Von's expression changed. Dayvon put my hand back on Von's then he laid his on top. Me: "You so cute 😭" He laid his head on my arm and I felt Von squeeze my hand a little bit. I kept my eyes down but I rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb.

Dayvon fell asleep an hour later so I got up and tried picking him up but Von said "I got him." Me: "Thank you..." He picked him up and I kissed Dayvon on the cheek. They walked upstairs and I stood in the kitchen with my hands on my head. I had been trying to avoid Von but Dayvon always wanted the 3 of us to hang out with each other. I opened the fridge to look for something then Von came and laid his arms on it. Me: "Hi?? Can I help you?" Von: "I needa talk to you Lai Lai."

Me: "About what..." Von: "Dis." Me: "Oh.. Wassup?" Von: "Youn talk to me no mo." I grabbed a water bottle and sat on the counter then I said "Well I said I wanted to take a break so..." Von: "Dat don't mean you gotta stop talkin to me." Me: "It kinda does. You said it yo self, all imma do is come runnin back. I wanna say I'm gon take time and actually do dat" Von: "Lai I only said dat cus I was mad. I still love you" Me: "We never broke up 😂"

Von: "I know." He stared at me and it made me nervous so I just looked down and played with my shirt. Von: "I hate being on bad terms witchu ma." Me: "I do too but we was too toxic. I wanted a break from dat.." Von: "I know baby. I'm sorry for putting you thru allat" I smiled and covered my face then he laughed and said "What?" Me: "Nothing..." Von: "We in it ma." I looked up and sat my water down then I pulled him closer and hugged him.