Chapter 21

"It hurts knowing you tried doing your best, and it still wasn't good enough"

3rd person POV
------------------------

Another scream erupted from Stiles. "Stiles what is it, what's wrong?" Steve questioned unable to keep the panic out of his voice.

"I-I can Fe-feel him." Stiles spoke clenching his teeth in pain. "Feel who?" Bruce questioned in confusion, panic also clear in his voice. Steve ignored Bruce's question keeping his focus entirely on Stiles.

Before any of them knew what happened Stiles' body fell limb. Steve managed to catch him just before he hit the ground.

"Okay what just happened," Tony demanded looking at Steve who was still holding Stiles firmly in his arms. Steve looked up from Stiles over at Tony. "Okay I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all sat in the motel room awaiting for Steve to start talking. Steve had put Stiles, who was still unconscious, in another room.

No one was saying anything. Tony was the first to break the silence. "Well we're here, Steve, you better start explaining things soon," Tony said looking at Steve. Steve looked quickly at all of them before sighing. "Okay but you gotta promise to hear me out. You can't interrupt me no matter how crazy it sounds," Steve leaned forward looking at all of them intensely.

"Yeah. Yeah okay we promise." Tony answered for them. "You know that we can't just let him walk free. No matter what. We have seen his powers and how strong he is." Natasha spoke up for the first time.

"I know," Steve nodded looking sombre. "Okay. It all started in Stiles' freshmen year when he was 16 years old," And so Steve started explaining. He told them everything Stiles told him. From Peter biting Scott to Stiles running away after the Nogitsune.

As Steve finished telling the story he looked at them expectantly waiting for them to say something. Anything.

Clint was the first to say something. "Are you seriously expecting us to believe that?" He exclaimed in disbelief. Steve looked over at Clint and opened his mouth to answer, but Bruce beat him to it. "I mean is it really that hard to believe? We have fought aliens, one of our teammates is literally an alien named Thor, Steve is over 80 years old, I can turn into a green monster. Why wouldn't the supernatural exist," Bruce looked at them. "No matter how much I wish it wasn't true, the supernatural existing isn't the weirdest thing that has happened to us." Bruce looked around at all of them.

Steve looked relieved that at least one of them believed him. Tony looked over at Steve frowning. "How come we never heard of it before? Werewolfs, Kanimas, kitsunes, Nogitsunes. We have never come across or heard about anything like that," Tony looked at Steve again. Tony wanted to believe Steve. He really did, but it all just seemed so unbelievable.