Chapter 14

"I use sarcasm and jokes to cover up the fact that I'm lonely and have bad anxiety about mostly everything"

3rd person POV
---------------------------

"Okay" Stiles said defeated. "I'll tell you" Steve nodded, but didn't say anything waiting for Stiles to start telling. Stiles took a deep breath trying to calm his nerves before he started telling

"It all started the night of the full moon" Stiles started. Steve looked confused at Stiles but didnt say anything letting Stiles keep speaking. "I heard from my dads police radio that half a body from a girl was found and that they were looking for the other half. Me being the idiot I am immediately went over to my best friend Scott and dragged him out in the woods to look for the body" Steve was listening intently to everything Stiles said. "My dad caught me and send me home, but he didn't caught Scott. Scott ended up actually finding the body but was bitten by-" Stiles took a deep breath composing himself.

"He was bitten by a werewolf" Steve suddenly looked pissed. "You think this is a joke, Stiles, I dont have time for this. If you dont tell me the truth right now i will get you back to Shield!" Steve was almost yelling at the end. "I am telling the truth!" Stiles said just as loud. "This is why I didn't tell you. I knew you wouldn't believe. Is it really so hard to believe? I mean aliens exist, super soldiers, literal superheroes exist. Why wouldn't werewolfs exist. Just because you didn't know about them doesn't mean they dont exist" Stiles said looking Steve in the eyes.

Stiles looked Stiles in the eyes trying to find out if he was lying or not. Something in the way Stiles spoke made Steve believe. Thats when Steve noticed it. Stiles' eyes seemed way older than they should. Like they had seen a lot. There was a darkness, a sadness in them.

Steve nodded. "Okay" he said. "Okay?" Stiles repeated confused. "I believe you" Stiles let out a breath of relief he hadn't even realised he was holding. "This still doesn't explain why so many people are dead" Steve said. "Alright so the next day we met at school and Scott explained to me what happened. He also started acting weird that day. This new girl also started that day, her name was Allison Argent" Stiles' voice cracked when he said her name. Steve was about to say something but Stiles interrupted him.

"Allison and Scott quickly started dating, but it turns out that Allisons whole family was werewolf hunters"
Steve look intrigued at Stiles now. "We also met another werewolf, Derek- Derek Hale. It turned out his sister was the dead girl in the woods."

"We were looking for the alpha that-" Stiles got cut off by Steve. "Alpha?" Steve asked confused having no idea what Stiles meant. "Oh yeah. Werewolfs have like three different ranks. There is Omega the weakest, the lone wolf. There is Beta the most normal type of werewolf. And then there is an Alpha, that's the leader of a pack, the strongest"