13- No Results

"Remember, we are totally meant to be here, ok."

"Yup," I reply as we calmly meander through the main entrance remembering to act like we live here.

The main hall is breathtaking. I stop to study my surroundings. A large glistening chandelier is swinging above my head, sending light spots dancing around the marble floor. On the left-hand side of the room, is a huge circular window that gives an amazing view of the houses of parliament.

We stride past the snobby looking lady that is sitting at the giant gold and marble desk in the centre of the room although when she bends over to do a polite cough, she sees us and cocks her head slightly, causing me to tense up and hurry towards the lift.

We make it past the main security guards and creep into the spacy, golden elevator, thankfully no one really notices or cares about two teenagers. We stand in the lift and wait for it to go up, feeling slightly uncomfortable in the silence. Chris presses floor number 67 and we slowly start to ascend. However, when we get to floor number 14, the lift stops and the doors ping open.

Cj and I share a glance; had we been found out? The creaky doors finally finish their journey, revealing a small cat that looks at us before sauntering inside.

"No way..." I hear him whisper and watch as he slowly backs up against a wall.

The cat looks up at him and hisses before snuggling against my legs.

"I told you to stay in the woods, how did you even... get up here?"

The only reply I get is a cheeky grin and a small mew as I lift her into my arms.

"One day Cubs, you are going to be the death of me."

We carry on going up and Cubs makes the ride much more amusing for me as I watch Cj squirm about.

"You don't really think that she is a lion, do you?" I finally question, grinning.

"No. I mean, yes? Well, I'm so sure that I saw her though," Chris replies, his hand gestures going a bit wild.
A chirp from Cubs quiets him down and gives me an idea.
I check the little screen on the wall to the side of me and see that we still have about 20 floors to go.

"Chris, I think Cubs wants to kiss you, see," I say as sincerely as possible.

"No. I don't think she does," he mutters backing up as far as he can go while I hold out Cubs towards him.

"But how can you resist that little face? Loooook she is soooo cuuutttteee."

His terrified expression just brings me even more joy. Just as I am about to thrust my little cat into his arms, the lift doors open and he sighs in relief before rushing out so, rolling my eyes, I do too.

We walk down a long hallway until we round a corner and the floor changes from expensive marble to plush carpet. I nod at Cj and set Cubs down, telling her firmly to stay.

He pulls out our presents from Ash while I, using the trick that Ellie taught me, tie my hair up in a sophisticated ponytail.

We gingerly approach the scary-looking security guards at the end of the corridor and I cough while attempting to stand up straight and look like I'm not scared. Luckily I have had lots of practice at that so while I can hear Chris whimper slightly, I stride forward and immediately start talking.

"Good afternoon gentlemen," I say, my words loud and clear, "We work for the MI5, unfortunately, something happened that I am not allowed to explain to you but it means that we have to talk to the president right away." I hold out my fake ID.

The bulkiest one pipes up, "Arent you a little young to be an MI5 agent?"

I grin at him, "Thank you for the compliment sir but we really can't chat, we need to see Greenwater now."

I can feel the nervousness radiate from Cj.

"Huh, yeah right." One of them replies, "You two are just kids. Sorry, but ya can't get an autograph from 'im right now."

I feel a hand push me aside slightly and Cj stands in front of them.

"You can scan us, we'll prove it to you."

"Wot? Really?" They both glance at each other before shrugging.

I shoot a questioning glance at Cj to ask him what the heck is he thinking, but then I see him signalling out a word with his hands.
The guards are setting up the DNA scanner but they keep fumbling over certain parts of it which gives me enough time to figure out what Chris is trying to say.

His hands spell out letters: C, H, A, R, L, E, S.

I rack my brain for what he's trying to tell me.

When we first went to his house was when I first met that Charles robot dude thing and he... scanned my hand! I understand what he's trying to say and wink at him so he gets the memo. Maybe this boy isn't so dumb after all.

The security guards finally complete the assembly and ask me to hold out my wrist but before I do so, I say something,

"You do know that nothing will come up right?"

They both stare at me.

"The agency wiped all of my data, you will find nothing on my DNA."

They smirk at each other and then turn to me.

"If you're so sure about it. Listen, little girl, we have data from every single person ever, so, if nothing does come up, then we will let you and your friend just walk inside, ok?"

Cj and I both grin.

"Ok."

I hold out my wrist and they press the contraption on it for a few seconds before a beep makes them remove it.

Neither of them says anything, they just stare at the results and then me.

"Thanks!" I say before grabbing Cj's hand and waltzing past the guards and inside the section of the building reserved for Jacob Greenwater.

---------------

Sorry, It's kinda short, It's been hard to find inspiration but after a good chat with a friend, I have loads of plans now. I just have to put them into words.

Love you guys,

Aila:)