Chapter 5: Jolly Rancher

It was Hilary's idea to go one of those places that are like half arcade, part bowling and part whatever, for dinner. For two reasons, according to Hilary. One, they are always deserted during the weekdays. Two she said she had fun points stored up that she needed to use before they expired. Whatever that means.

"We can't stay too late. It is a school night after all." I pointed out.

"Aw, lame. Who came up with that rule?" she pouted.

"Me, just now. As someone who works and has extracurriculars, I am very particular about how I spend the little free time I have. So be grateful I am even gracing you with my presence."

"I am honored oh great Poppy, queen of sandwiches." She mock bowed.

I couldn't help but laugh, she laughed too.

I playfully pushed her and we ran inside.

We ordered a big plate of hot wings to share. I would have thought someone as prim and prissy looking as Hilary would steer clear of the fireball wings but nope, she was all in. We also ordered some chili cheese fries and a couple of sodas.

The crazy part, Hilary offered to pay for everything. I told her I was more than happy to pay for myself being as I know I can be a pig sometimes, especially when I am hungry. But she insisted. Hey, who am I to argue? If my enemy wants to buy me dinner, I say let her.

Okay so I admit maybe hanging out with Hilary was sort of fun, but just because I was having fun doesn't mean I am actually her friend. I am still undercover. Trying to learn everything I can about her. Especially if it will help me take her down.

"Wow not even breaking a sweat, I'm impressed." She said as I gnawed on my third hot wing.

She for her part was completely red in the face and kept sipping her drink every few seconds.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say this was your first time with hot wings." I joked.

"What! Of course not." She laughed nervously.

"Right..." I eyed her.

Just to prove me wrong she stuck the whole chicken wing in her mouth and sucked all the meat off in one bite. I was impressed until she started coughing and having a choking fit. Though she was able to get it down eventually.

"Armature." I shook my head.

She pouted.

After that, we went go-kart racing to the track that the place had outback. We were the only two on the track, heck we were almost the only two in the whole place. I'd say there were only about 20 people there, in a place made for at least 200.

I do know how to drive, even though I ride a bike everywhere. I learned and took the driver's test and passed and got my license, but I just don't drive because I don't have a car. That being said, Hilary is a way better driver than me. Which irked me. I mean seriously is there anything the girl can't do?

I just want to find one thing! Just one!

That being said, she totally beat me in go-karts, twice. Which made me take it as a personal challenge to beat her in at least one game, just one! So we went game to game, and yes she freaking won them all! Okay, so I almost had her on that one dancing game and that basketball game. We were tied but she was able to make the shot just as the buzzer rang because, of course she was.

"Okay I quit; you are totally cheating somehow," I complained as she was leading on bowling too.

"Am not."

"Are too! How can you be so good at everything!? It's so annoying! I mean, gah! How!? Tell me your ways!" I shook her by the shoulders.

She laughed but I wasn't joking.