Chapter 14: Starburst

"Where are we going?" I complain as Hilary leads me somewhere, covering my eyes so I can't see.

We didn't drive that far, but then when we got to this park she made me get out and walk. The last ten minutes of the walk she made me close my eyes. I have been trying hard not to fall on my face since.

"Almost there," Hilary giggled.

I stumble down some steps and feel the air change around me, getting colder. It gets darker, the sun blocked out. My steps scrape against concrete and break twigs.

"Okay," she moves her hands.

"Whoa..." I look around the abandoned underground skate park.

Every surface covered in spray-painted art and tags. There is a corner where Christmas lights light up a blanket, an ice chest, and a picnic basket. We walk over to it and sit down, giving me a great view of everything.

"Ta-da." She says.

"Hilary, this is amazing. So cool." I say in awe.

She giggled.

As I admired all the works, looking at all the empty spaces left, I imagined what I would do if I had paint to leave my mark. Hillary unloaded the basket. The sound of a shaking spray paint can make me turn to look at her.

"I figured after we eat, we could mark that spot over there." She pointed.

I followed her finger to a bowl ramp where one side was still mostly blank. I smiled,

"Yeah, that would be awesome," I said.

"So what do you think? Did I do good?" she asks.

"This is perfect, how did you find this place?" I ask.

"I know people." She smiled.

God, she's so cute.

"I made everything from scratch, hope you like." She said.

I turned to inspect the food and was greeted with fruit punch and chicken salad sandwiches with cheese and crackers with small grapes for the side item. For dessert she made cheesecake.

She grabbed a paper plate and loaded it up for me before pouring me something to drink. Then she served herself and waited for me to try everything. I took a bite and then drank some juice. I should have known, she's a great cook too. It's so good.

"Well?" she asked.

"Why are you so good at everything?" I ask seriously.

She laughs.

I smile and peck her on the cheek. She beams at me, her cheeks flushing. I grab a grape and pop it into her mouth.

"Emm," she hums in delight.

"I'm going to find one thing you're bad at, I swear it."

"Keep telling yourself that," she flirts.

I roll my eyes and continue eating. She stops me and grabs my food for me and feeds it to me.

"Somehow it tastes even better when you feed it to me," I flirt.

"It's my magic touch."

We both giggle.

"Well since this is technically our first, official date, I guess I should ask you first date questions," I say.

"Did you google them before this?"

"No!" I feel my cheeks warm up.

She laughs.

"Maybe," I mutter.