It Takes One To Dictate

A/N Hey guys. I know it's kind of out of the blue but this has been running through my head all day and it's killing me, so bare with me and we'll see where this one goes :-D I'm still continuing with my other stories but right now this is just eating me up inside so les' do it. 

Meet Lauren.

Lauren's POV 

'Guys, how many times do i have to tell you. It's hips, hips, drop, left, right, right then flick. There's two rights' Cruella.. i mean Catherine reminded us for about the twelfth time in the space of a thirty minute period. I'd like to say she was just a perfectionist but really i think she likes the sound of her own voice a little too much. However i nodded along and performed the movement like the rest of the clones to her satisfaction, it was too much effort to pick a fight with her. You never really lost rather that you just lose the will to live halfway through and give up. She's one of those people who's opinion or point of view is so... like 'what the fuck?' that you... like you can't even comprehend what she's saying, you're just stood stuck in that constant state of 'okay so you know nothing' and feel so bad for her that you let her walk away triumphant. 

'Lauren are you even listening to me!' she snapped clicking her fingers in front of me. I rolled my eyes and nodded as she sighed frustratingly. I've put up with this girl and her minions for three years, and every year is just as suckier as the last. I'm in a girl group with four other girls, there's Me Lauren, Hi.. eurgh, bleugh... Cruella - i mean Catherine, Jessica, Hayley and Vanessa. We're called 'Girl Code' and we were placed together on X Factor, as i've mentioned three years ago and ever since then they have made my life hell. As i'm not one hundred subservient to Cruellas wishes, i was immediately shunned and made an outcast. I'm given the fewest lines in any and all of the songs that we sing, in any group photo i'm stood slightly away from them, they're always passive aggressive towards me during interviews which the interviewer always thinks is playful banter, (because they're so good at being two faced) and well we just don't click. When they go left i go right, when they're up i'm down. Either way my 'isolation' has given me quite a bad reputation, there was an article in 'Beat Magazine' last week saying i was the most hated and intimidating member of the group due to my 'quiet demeanor' and 'intense disposition'. I'm quiet because if i speak i just get blanked or evils and... intense? I have no idea. 

Anyway, you can see where i'd be annoyed. Oh no wait, i forgot the number one thing they do that i cannot take. So i mentioned their two facedness right? Well it's Catherine's motto that being a bitch and walking around like you're better than everyone else is how you become famous or 'famouser'. Cowardly shaming celebrities every which way after severely kissing their ass as i'm forced stand in silent fury trying to put on a smile. That really grinds my gears, sometimes i just wanna tear my hair out and punch each of them square in the face a couple thousand times. But if i do then i really will become the most hated member. No one else knows or sees them for who they really are, they only see the front they put on to look good in front of the cameras. I'm in a girl group and i've never felt more alone. 

'Okay girls, i'd say that just about brings us too a close' Cruella clapped loudly, the clones mimicking her action. It's so FAKE! I noticed her raise an eyebrow angrily in my direction as a peaceful silent resonance echoed from where i was standing. 'Lauren, clap'.

'Nah... I'm good' i stated before walking over to my water bottle and taking a large gulp.

'Hey girls, don't we have an interview tomorrow?' she annoyingly suggested. That's another thing, she's also sort of blackmailing me for my minimal compliance. I'm Gay, i'm twenty one now and i've known about three years and to my further annoyance, that's around the time they found out. I won't go into details but let's just say it was made into a weapon very quickly when i refused to do as i was told. She threatened to out me if i ever stepped out of line, so i'm kind of cornered. Reluctantly, i clapped my hands together several times and took another sip from my water bottle. She laughed under her breath as she whispered something pretentious to the rest of the girls. It took me a while but i've grown not to care, they can think what they like, honestly i'm not looking for their approval. For a while i was at the bottom of the barrel, but i quickly jumped ship when i came to my senses. I just want freedom, i've forgotten what that feels like plus some hella genuity if you're asking. I am so sick and tired of living the same lie almost everyday. First, i'm not allowed to be who i truly am, and second, they're not who they say they are. I just want to meet someone who is who they say they are and hasn't let fame rot their brain and turn them into a monster. Is that too much to ask? I'm beginning to think so.

However tis not all in vain, being in the group isn't completely awful when it comes with the overwhelming benefit of meeting such a diverse and incredible fan base. Seriously i dedicate my heart and soul to literally anyone who takes the time to like stand outside of a radio station or come to one of our meet and greets because they deserve every inch of time they put in. I am just so so grateful because they are basically my only distraction from this hell and since the girls think mingling with fans is an 'overwhelming waste of my time and energy' - the fan domain is all mine, and i like to think i made good use of it too. I've arranged hangouts, only with myself of course because the girls refused to go. I've rented out theme parks for the day, held karaoke nights and one time i stood outside in my pyjamas and made sure i signed every last piece of paper and took a photo with every fan for five hours straight in like fifteen degrees weather. Where were the girls? Chilling out inside, snacking on the buffet and complaining about an interview we had the next day... but i'm not gonna talk about that. I like to think the fans see the real me, and i like to think they show me the real them but i suppose you can never know for sure. 

'Hey, what are we singing tomorrow?' asked Vanessa.

'Songs' i quipped. They each shook their heads disapprovingly... tough crowd. 

'I'll text you the set list' Jessica offered tapping her comfortingly on the shoulder as if i had just insulted her or something... i can never win with these people, and tomorrow... i literally cannot contain my excitement anymore than i already am -_-