A Taste Of Your Own Medicine

Lauren's POV

Isn't life beautiful? No really i mean if you think about all the things life has to offer, beautiful wildlife, fruitful landscapes and vast oceans. But the best thing life can offer, in my personal opinion is being able to put bad people in their place by giving them a taste of their own medicine. Our management was kinda, sorta outraged, but that's pretty understandable considering i basically ruined the groups reputation. And if we were unpopular before, i just dug us a grave and had it filled with cement, although it's not all in vain. Ironically, the once most hated member of the group aka me, is now the most liked member of the group and brought in a lot of LGBTQ+ fans. I don't wanna boast or anything but, they like me, they really like me!!! Okay, but on a serious note (one of these days i will never have to say her name again, unfortunately today is not that day) i'm pretty sure Catherine is out for my head. I mean i did betray her, deceive her and publicly humiliate her for the world to see, so once again that's perfectly understandable. I honestly don't know what i was expecting when i decided to perform my little stunt, a small part of me wished that everything would just magically start getting better, however i underestimated her power to hold a grudge. And now she's determined to get her own back. I think i gave myself whiplash, the amount of times I've been looked over my shoulder in case she tried to jump out and surprise attack me.

Jessica, Vanessa and Hayley are just happy that i didn't tarnish their good name. I guess that's why they have kind of been avoiding me since the whole thing. However a bunch of people who haven't been avoiding me are the ones I've missed and care about the most. I sat down and spoke to the girls, but not before getting a stern telling off from Ally and also Dinah, like literally the last person i thought would have a problem with my little plan. As soon as Normani saw me she locked me in a death grip and kept asking if i was okay and telling me how brave i was and that she was proud of me. I cried, i'm not going to hide it, i flat out cried, i felt so relieved. And for once i didn't cry because i was hurting or tired, or feeling hopeless, i cried because i was free. Camila hugged me as well when she saw the first few tears sliding down my face, and Ally and Dinah soon joined until we were a huge bundle on the floor. It was just a sea of tears and warmth and a shared feeling of joy.

As for what happens now, well, let me tell you we have a lot to make up for. Two weeks have passed since the whole Catherine fiasco took place, and almost every day we've been up and out off to some studio to do radio shows, be on TV and squeeze in every possible interview we could in order to save face. Catherine had to apologize for everything she had said and i had to explain the 'trouble' i caused, and why i felt like i had to do it and went on some long rant about how coming out was important and assuming your true identity etc. etc. etc. I know that that's important and i meant every word but we both know that wasn't the real reason, although i guess we had to make them think that if we still wanted a career. All things considered i think we did pretty well, plus, watching Catherine apologize again and again was riveting so no complaints. Except now that that painful transitional period is over my feet are killing me and it feels like i haven't had any proper rest for days. All i want to do is kick up my feet, binge eat on whatever's going and watch the new season of OITNB. But every time i'm about to start watching it something comes up, we have another interview, we need to make a public appearance, the barns on fire, little Timmy's trapped in the well. Every fucking excuse under the sun, and if i hear someone knock on my door one more time i swear to God...

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!