From Calm To Chaos

Lauren's POV 

I still have no idea what was in that unfortunate disaster of a chemical experiment gone wrong, and washing it off surprisingly didn't give me any more clues. After the fifth lather, rinse and repeat i finally got that god awful smell out of my hair and got in touch with Camila shortly after to check in and it was the same on their end. Dinah and Normani are outraged, and Ally the mother of the group is trying to keep them from tearing down Catherine's door and sending her packing. Speaking of Cruella, she decided that coating me in her little concoction was punishment enough for me lying to her and sneaking off with Fourth Harmony and let me go. But not before giving me her little speech about my secret and an extra threat of 'you're either with us or you're against us'. Batten down the hatches and hang onto your washing because there's a storm a brewing and no one is safe. It's also fair to say that the hotel wasn't too pleased with my groups little charade and we were given a warning, but i have a feeling that's not going to stop them. We're going to need a miracle. That night i was trapped in a hotel room with my group, with no idea as to when Fourth Harmony were going to retaliate if at all. That was when we received a knock at the door. 

'Lauren, go get the door' Cruella instructed. I rose from my seat and moved sluggishly toward the door, just sharing the atmosphere with them was emotionally draining, i don't know how much longer i can keep this up. And if i have to hear one more snide remark about another incredible celebrity who i happen to adore, someone is going to lose a voice box. Bye, bye singing career. Actually now i think about it that's not such a bad idea... No Lauren, no. But yes... I pulled the door open expecting room service or someone from the lobby but instead i was met with a cart and a tray settled comfortably on top with several plates of what looked like cupcakes neatly decorating them. 

'What is it?' Jessica asked from the bed, i poked my head around the door frame to see the girls huddled down the end of the hall with smug grins plastered on their faces. Normani lifted up another napkin with a message written on it. 

"I wouldn't eat those if i were you" Ah, so these are those types of cupcakes, good idea. 

'Laur-'

'Room service sent up some complimentary cupcakes' i lied expertly, pulling the cart into the room and flashing the girls a smile before closing the door. 

'Wow, and i thought they were mad at us' Hayley said looking eagerly at cupcakes with hungry eyes. 

'Guess they don't want to lose celebrities like us' Catherine said egotistically, before picking one up and peeling away the casing. The girls followed suit and i bit my lip to suppress a grin, flipping through the pages in my book as they all took a bite into the cupcakes. At first nothing happened, they all ate with satisfied looks on their faces, Vanessa swallowed hers and just as she was about to take another bite she started gasping for breath? No, fanning her mouth with her hand? 

'HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT!!!' she screamed, frantically looking around the room and trying to spit out the contents. Soon the rest of the girls caught on and the room exploded in a series of screams, running aimlessly and trying to cool their mouths. I was my own mess on the floor as i burst into fits of laughter, Catherine not looking at all amused as she ushered the three girls out of the room and down into the lobby. My laughter was soon met with four other fits of laughter as Fourth Harmony stumbled into the room, clutching one another as tears fell from their eyes. 

'That was hilarious, oh my god you should have seen it' i said between my burts of laughter. 

'Am i a genius or what?' Dinah cheered, putting up both her hands fro me to high five. 

'Hey it was my idea to add chilli powder!' Camila pouted. 

'So i have you to thank for that beautiful display, just remind me not too eat any of your cupcakes' i quirked.