Good Faith In Good Friends

Lauren's POV 

Camila and I walked back to my car hand in hand with irremovable grins plastered across our faces. We stayed at the beach for a short while, enjoying each-others presence and our new official relationship title before it started to get a little chilly and we decided that was as good a time as ever to head back. I really need to stop listening to my head and start listening to my heart, i think maybe this could have happened a long while ago, but my demons admittedly got the better of me. Either way, Camila and  have never been stronger and i couldn't be more grateful. The silver lining, the gold at the end of the rainbow, all in the form of one Miss Camila Cabello. Ironically my knight in shining armor, i always figured i would be someones hero, but i can't say i'm dissapointed that she was there to pick me up at the end of the day. 

The strength it must have taken to stick around despite everything crumbling before her, she seems to know a lot about strength and that's because she has the most strength i have ever seen. You can see it in the way she walks, the way she speaks and the way her mind works, she's strong, mentally and physically, but she knows what weakness is. It's hidden in her insecurities, in the way she swallows her pride and accepts the things that are unchangeable, but that acceptance is what gives her the power to stand up and keep going. And that is the gift she gives to others. That's the gift she's given to me and i don't think i could ever fully repay her for it, but i'm sure as hell going to try, for as long as she'll let me and for as long as it takes. 

'Lauren?' she suddenly asked, and i was taken out of my deep thoughts.

'Hm?'

'Are you okay?' she pondered, playing nervously with her hands. 

'Of course i'm okay, i'm here with you. So actually i'm perfect' i informed her and placed a reassuring hand on her knee as i pulled up to the hotel. 

'You know we don't have to tell them if you don't want to' she reminded me once more after i opened her door for her, and took her hand in mine, making our way toward the hotel. 

 'I already told you i want to tell them. Why do you think i wouldn't?' i inquired and stopped the pair of us at the front of the building. 

'I don't know, i just want you to be sure' she replied, looking down at our intertwined hands. 

'Camila, i thought we already had this conversation. If you're sure i'm sure' i explained to her, but she still seemed nervous. I moved closer and tilted her head so she was looking in my eyes and not at the floor. 'Camila, if you've changed your mind that's okay. We don't have to tell them if you're not ready'

'No, it's not that i just... every time i told them about my date, they presumed it was a guy, i know that i haven't really given them any reason to believe it wouldn't be but-'

'But you're afraid telling them it's a girl, they might be what? Disappointed?' 

'I know it sounds stupid, but their opinion means everything to me, they're my sisters you know' she continued. Too be honest i didn't really know, i mean the only people who have had expectations for me where my parents but even then they were relaxed and understood whenever i changed my mind on  something, plus you can go to hell if you think i want my groups approval for anything anymore. That ended a long time ago. But then again i could still sympathize with her. 

'It doesn't sound stupid at all, you want to be the best you can be for the people you love. But honestly i think they would love you no matter what, especially for tying down this hot piece of-'

'Lauren!' she giggled, clamping a hand over my mouth and out of the corner of my eye i saw a small family with a young girl who couldn't have been any older than 6 walk by. I waved at them apologetically and Camila removed her hand once they vanished into the lobby.