Can't Get Enough

We all sat down to lunch, seemingly un-recognized by the other patrons. Analyzing the menu thoroughly, and i mean three straight rounds of needing more time we all finally decided on what we wanted and fell into casual conversation. It's hard to believe that a few measly hours ago my world was falling apart, having Camila next to me just puts me at ease. And these girls, they're just a god sent, seriously, i don't know what i would be doing right now if it wasn't for them. My phone suddenly buzzed in my pocket and i slid it out, my heart dropping slightly when i saw the name on the screen. 

'Twelve missed calls from Catherine, four missed calls from Hayley and ooh a text message' i read aloud. I felt Camila's hand fall to my lap as she looked at me sincerely. 

'So, what does it say?' Dinah asked excitedly. 

'Let's see shall we...' i clicked on the icon and the message lit up my screen. 'Lauren, you can't just drive off, exclamation point, we had an interview and awkwardly had to explain why you weren't there. Don't think this won't go unpunished.. yada yada yada' i joked, tucking my phone away and placing my hand on top of Camila's under the table.  

'It's going to be okay Lauren' Normani offered.

'Eh, whatever. I'll deal with that bridge when it comes to it' i replied gratefully. 

'Er Lauren.. that may actually be sooner than you thought' Ally alerted me as she pointed at some people quite some distance behind us.

'Oh God, what are they doing here?' i groaned. Camila tightened her grip around my hand as she stared at them deathly. 

'Do you wanna leave?' she asked.

'What? No. Nothing comes between me and food' i jested.

'You know what, you're my kinda girl Lauren' Dinah quirked. 

'Hey, maybe they won't recognize... you' Normani finished noticing them coming toward us. I'm convinced i'm going to be dragged out by my hair. Hopefully they won't make a scene with all these people. Honestly i don't know what they're capable of right now. 

'Well, well, well. So this is where you've been. Hanging around with second rate girl groups' Catherine spat. Second rate, you know what, i finally get it. She's not actually stupid, she's just a raging bitch and Dinah looked like she was ready to cut one. 

'Don't you have better things to do than harass your band member, like i dunno.. learn to make music?' Normani snapped. 

'Oh we already did that this morning, didn't you see our song?' Vanessa retorted.

'You made a parody of our music, a degrading parody that just reflects badly on you' Ally quipped, receiving a nudge of approval from Normani. 

'Uh whatever, Lauren get up, I don't wanna be seen standing here too long with these lowlifes. Especially that little awkward thing over there. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?' She spoke tauntingly to Camila. I don't want to make a scene but i am about to flip some furniture in this room. I removed my hand from Camila's grip reluctantly and stood up out of the booth, a smug look gracing Catherine's lips thinking i was doing as she asked. 'There's a good...' She was about to pat my head when i grabbed her wrist in  my hand. 

'Actually Catherine, i'm okay here. Say what you will about Fourth Harmony but no matter how low you claim them to be, we're not even half as good as they are, so how low does that make us!' I raised my voice slightly. 'And for your information, that 'little awkward thing' over there isn't a thing. She's a human being, and one of the most incredible people i have ever met. You're not worth a second of her time, and if you talk like that to her again i'm gonna make you wish you hadn't.'