New Beginnings

Lauren's POV 

'I guess I-' Suddenly the door to the conference room swung open and a blur of brunette hair appeared in the room, huffing and puffing like they had run a marathon.

'WAIT!'

'Camila?'

I have no idea what the heck is going on right now and the state Camila is in i have to be honest i'm a little worried, she's all red in the face and she has grass stains all up her legs. If I didn't know any better i'd say she got in a fight with gravity and lost. Anyway, let's try and focus on more important things right now, like the words coming out of Camila's mouth and the very shocked expression on my Managers face. Uh-oh, i should probably learn to pick a better time to get side tracked. 

'Wait what?' i spoke up and all eyes fell on me. 

'We want you to be apart of Fourth Harmony' the brunette beamed and hushed excited whispers were being shared between my old group. 

'Who's we?' i asked and soon three more exhausted and out of breath band members were stumbling into the office. Ally was at the forefront of the two ghostly girls behind her who were clinging to each other for stability which seemed like it was taking a turn for the worse. 

'Us, we all want you to join Fourth Harmony' Ally smiled.

'Er why don't you guys sit down before you fall down' i suggested and helped Dinah into a seat followed by Normani. 

'W-what she s-said' Dinah wheezed and my very confused Manager slid a bottle of water in the younger girls direction only for her to guzzle down the whole thing in under thirty seconds. Clearly they had something they wanted to get off their chests.

'Lauren we want you to join our band. When we heard that a rumor that your group was going to break up we were afraid of what might happen to you, we had no idea it was Catherine that ended up getting thrown out on her ass' Camila beamed and took my hand in hers. 

'Well not until we saw her getting man handled into a car by security on our way up here' Normani laughed. 

'And we wanted to get here before you made your decision on what you were going to do next, so did we make it?' Dinah asked. 

'Yes actually, just in the nick of time' My Manager spoke for me. 'Lauren, what do you make of this'

Honestly what did i make of this? I was just about to say i wanted to go solo, but now i have the opportunity to join another band with some of the loveliest people i have ever met. Before, i was thinking about a fresh start with my original dream but how about a second chance on a hand i was already dealt. I trust these girls, I've spent time with them, they've helped me break out of my shell and they were there for me when know one else was. And i love each of them, Camila in particular obviously.  I would get to hang out with them everyday and spend time with the one i love doing the thing i love most.

But I think even more importantly than that, I wouldn't feel so alone. Even on the road with my old group i felt like there was no one beside me, just a handful of people united against me. I still had my family but sometimes they were thousands of miles away and hearing their voices on the phone just made me feel even worse, it wasn't always like that but a majority of the time i stopped myself from calling to save myself from the extra hurt. Although that was quickly replaced with guilt and self hatred. 

Catherine always described us - well mostly the girls - as her home away from home. Maybe Fourth Harmony could be that for me, make the journey a little less lonely and fill my heart with something good for a change. I want my heart to swell with fondness and opportunity and with the future i see ahead for this group it would be both an honor and a privilege to be a part of it. I must have had one heck of an impact on these girls if they're actually here asking me to be apart of their group and join in on their journey.