It's These Moments

Lauren's POV

It had been a smooth sailing couple of days since the little escapade involving the cupcakes and the blue food coloring situation. Dinah and the rest of her group came through on the promise to post a picture of her looking good and well to prove to my group that actually their plan had failed. But have yet to see any sign of retaliation. I don't know why but i'm scared, they incurred the wrath of Dinah and i have a feeling they're going to regret it. Sharing this hotel had caused a lot more problems than i had previously guessed, the pranks and small little arguments i had already predicted. But when it came to things like going out, a whole other set of issues brought themselves to the surface. Such as; who got to use the elevator first, who got first dibs at catering, who sat at the best table, who got to use the bathroom first and i don't even want to mention the time they sabotaged Fourth Harmonies room service just so we would get ours first. Basically it was quickly becoming a wiry problem that desperately needed untangling before someone snapped.

But the thing that was really straining was Camila and I, we still texted one another as often as possible but it was actually seeing one another in person that was proving difficult. No matter what excuse i made up to go out and do something, Catherine trumped my every move by making one of her clones go with me, or insisting on going herself, or even going so far as to expect photographic evidence that i was where i said i was. For instance, one evening i wasn't particularly feeling anything in the cafeteria which wasn't often but that day my stomachs desires were elsewhere. So like every other normal person in the world, i slipped on something presentable and walked out of my room in search of food elsewhere. Somehow Catherine's demonic abilities allowed her to 'sense' me leaving my room and i was flagged down immediately. After a grueling interrogation, a quiz, a drop of blood and a urine sample she allowed me to leave... but not before having ordered Hayley to escort me to my car.

Now safely in my automobile i thought 'hmm maybe some Taco Bell' and drove off to so said fast food institution only to have my phone go off as i walked through the door. Catherine had texted me, demanding i send her a picture of where i was. If you're rolling your eyes right now then we're on the same page. So being the sassy little vixen that i am i went into so said food joint and took a selfie with EVERY member of staff and every customer who was willing to let me take a picture with them. Thankfully some people recognized me and didn't even question it which is always fun. Once all the photos were taken and i was waiting for my food i started absentmindedly taking photos of random things, literally spamming the hell out of it until i had over 500 photos of just furniture. Now to most people this would be seen as overkill but with my phone going off every five minutes with angry and strongly worded threats from a certain blonde haired bitch, i un-regrettably sent her every single photo and then proceeded to post a large majority of them on her twitter feed for good measure.

I know it was immature but it felt sooo good.

So there's a little insight into the fun times I've been having, and i'm afraid it's only going to get worse. But on a good note, the time i do manage to steal away from my group and spend with Camila and the girls has been incredible. What i wouldn't do to have a little family like that, they already considered me part of the gang and I've learnt so much about their families and their friends and what they like to do on their time off. On one occasion i even had the pleasure of meeting Normani's grandmother, and let me tell you i have never met someone so full of life and with so much warmth in their smile. She is so supportive of Mani, and felt comfortable sharing parts of her life and experiences she had had with me. I tried to avoid it but soon my little problem came up and she gave me the most heartfelt speech that was spoken with such conviction and hope that i just sat in awe and was honestly speechless. I wished i recorded it, every word was filled with praise and admiration, Mani's really lucky to have someone like that in her life.