Chapter 6: New oppotunities?

Over the next few days, George fell into a bit of a routine, as much of a routine as you can get staying on a ship with anarchist pirates. He would eat breakfast with Dream, and afterward, he would come and help George clean, which mainly consisted of Dream bothering George while he tried to do his chores. George would hang out with Quackity, Minx, Tommy, Tubbo, Wilbur, and Jack for most of the day. He would eat dinner with them, and then when he returned to the kitchen to do a final cleanup, Dream would come back to tell him about his day.

    George rarely saw Dream throughout the day; and though George would never admit it, he found himself looking forward to their twice-daily interactions. It wasn't like he liked spending time with Dream; no, it was just... natural. It was nice to have a little help cleaning up. Like how it was nice to catch up with him at the end of the day, slowly talking more and letting down his guard. It was natural because Dream would tell an outlandish and overly dramatic story and George would listen. They would take extra long with the dishes, and when Dream gave him that sideways smile, George would find he started grinning back. He would tell himself that this wasn't a good idea, befriending his captive; no, surely this had to be wrong. But then why, why did it feel so natural?

    George felt pissed at himself when he found himself enjoying Dream's company, as irritating as it may be. But he was more irritated when Dream didn't show up to breakfast that morning. He sat at their table and patiently waited, but Dream never showed. George felt like an idiot for letting his life revolve so much around one person, a person he was supposed to loathe. He once swore to escape Dream, that he was evil with horrid intentions. Perhaps, George had already fallen victim and was under his spell.

     Dream would trick him into believing he was good, and when it was too late, he would send George back into the cell forever. Or, he was overly friendly with his prisoners, and that sideways smile was genuine. George wouldn't lie and say he didn't enjoy the company, but he sure as hell wouldn't admit it. So George waited about ten minutes before moving from his usual table to join his other friends for once. "Do you guys have room for one more?" He asked, walking up to the table. They greeted him and moved over their chairs so George could place his chair in the gap they made.

    "Ooooo," Quackity said as George sat down. "His majesty finally decided to join us." George rolled his eyes and laughed. "Oh my God Quackity, shut up," "Hey, he has a point, you know," Jack interjected "You're always with Dream whenever you get the opportunity. We know we're just your second choice." George's face was hot, and he just laughed it off in hopes the others wouldn't notice. I mean, It didn't mean anything, so no need for them to notice. "Hey if I don't babysit him all hours of the day, he may get sick of me and feed me to the sharks. Besides, I'm pretty sure letting him follow me around like a lost puppy is a part of the Terms and Conditions." The table broke into laughter, and George giggled along with them.

    George grimaced when he saw the usual, massive mess left for him, and he realized he would have no company and no help. He sighed and began wiping down the counters. Though he knew it would help the process, George didn't risk singing to help the time go by this time. He would spare himself a repeat of last time. It's a good thing he did because not long into working, he heard the door creak open behind him. George didn't bother turning to see who it was because of how used few people came in here when they didn't have to.

    "Dream! Finally, your slow ass is here. I thought you had left me to do this all on my own." George turned around and jumped a little in surprise. "Minx!" George felt his heart sink, but he wasn't sure why. Minx was a friend; why wouldn't he be excited to see her? No, of course, he was happy to see her. "Didn't think I'd be seeing you here." Minx smiled and gave George a knowing look."Clearly." She said, sitting down on a stool by the counter. George tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows. "What's that mean?" Minx shrugged, "Well, clearly you were expecting someone else, seeing how you didn't even turn around and when you heard the door open, you thought I was Dream," George felt a little flustered, but he did his best not to show it.