Chapter 11: Fast changes

Warmth. Closeness. Safety. George felt like he was wrapped in the world's softest weighted blanket. He knew he had to get up but he sank deeper into the fabric of the blanket. "Wait a minute... why is the blanket breathing?" George opened his eyes to see an arm slung over his waist. Dream's arm. George's heart fell to his stomach crushing the butterflies previously there. "OH SHIT OH SHIT WHAT ARE WE DOING WHAT HAVE I DONE". He felt his heart begin to race as he realized that he was cuddling with Dream. Not only that, but they fell asleep in the same bed after Dream heard George's distressed cries. He cringed, remembering how he let himself be completely broken down by a stupid nightmare. "Then again, I can't say I'm uncomfortable". George thought, feeling Dream's warm breath on his neck and his stomach pressed against his back. George wanted so badly to just go back to sleep, to forget about his worries and give in to the temptation to spend a lifetime laying against Dream. But this was unrealistic. George slowly, as not to disturb Dream, slipped from his grasp and out of the bed. He stirred but did not wake. George waved his hand in front of his face to check and sure enough, He was out cold. George caught a glimpse of his bed head and red puffy eyes in the mirror. "I already embarrassed myself enough, I'm not letting him see me like this again". George thought as he walked into the bathroom to get into the shower. He turned on the scorching water and let the droplets burn his skin, effectively waking him up. It cleared his head from last night's disaster, making him only think about the boiling water going down his skin. He took a deep breath and shut off the water, mentally preparing himself for the day. It was then George realized he forgot to bring clothes with him in his rush to get in the shower. "Oh well, Dreams out cold, I'll grab them and come back in". George wrapped a towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom. He made his way to his dresser and immediately yelped when he turned to find Dream wide awake and sitting on his bed, staring right at him. The hot steam rolling off his shoulders, his hair, dripping down his back and messily covering his face, his exposed chest, and his towel hanging loosely (and dangerously low) around his hips. Dream did not make an effort to look as if he wasn't staring at George, and clearly not at his face. "Dream!" George yelled as he leaped back into the bathroom. "George!" Dream yelped back. "Why were you in only a towel?" Dream said through the door. "Why were you looking?!" George said back. "Why did you have to take a shower now?" Dream replied defensively, avoiding the question. "I needed one, I thought you would still be asleep and I forgot my clothes!" George sputtered, trying to justify walking out half-naked. "Well did you get them?" Dream responded with a huff. George sighed in return. "No, I was too busy running to avoid being ogled at". There was a pause and George could tell Dream was trying to make an excuse. "I was not ogling- I was- No ok whatever I'll cover my eyes and you can grab your clothes". George hesitated and opened the door. Dream had both hands over his face and George giggled. "What is soooo funny George". Dream said sarcastically. George covered his mouth with his hand trying to stifle another laugh. "You look like a little kid counting when he's playing hide and seek" Dream wheezed at the idea of this. "You're so stupid actually, I'm trying not to look at you". He said, and then he immediately realized how that sounded. "I mean, not like, trying not to look. It's easy not to, that's not what I-" Dream said, tripping over his words but trying to play it off cool, hands still over his eyes awkwardly. George laughed at him. "Trying not to look at me?" He said walking over to Dream. He leaned over him, still wearing only a towel on his waist. They were only a few inches apart and George could see Dream gulp, his adams apple moving up and down nervously. "George? What are you doing?" George could see his goofy smile peek out from behind his hands. "No need to look Dream, I'm not doing anything" George replied simply. Dream leaned slightly closer to George. "Why are you so close to me then?" Dream teased in a hushed voice. George wrapped his hands around Dreams both of wrists and held them in place against Dreams face. His heart quickened but tried not to show it in his voice. "I suppose you'll never know Dream, you can't see me after all'.' George shrugged. "George? If your hands are here how is your towel-" George cut him off. "You'll never know" He said, leaning in more and squeezing Dream's wrists slightly before letting go and backing off. Dream was lost for words but kept his hands over his eyes. George picked up his towel and grabbed his clothes, walking to the bathroom without another word, smiling to himself.