Chapter 21: The End

The hand that grabbed George yanked him backward into a large body. Before he could run, an arm wrapped around his neck tightly; so he could still breathe but could not move. The light switch flicked on, and just as George began to scream; the hand not clinging to his neck was slapped over his mouth.

    "Aw Georgie, cat got your tongue?" Karl giggled as he stood in front of George holding Dream. Karl using Dream's nickname for him made George sick. But instead of an arm around Dream's throat, there was a long, silver dagger. Dream's dagger. Dream knew that Karl did not have strength or skill on him, and he could easily outfight him if he had the weapon. But, Dream was rendered defenseless. And so was George. He tried to struggle against the large man but to no avail. His cries were rendered useless against the large hand, and his movements restrained. George saw the fear in Dream's eyes as the knife pressed ever so closer to his neck.

    "Karl. Technoblade. Please would you tell us why you have us restrained in our bedroom?" Dream spoke; calmly as if calculating his every word. "Technoblade??" George thought as he looked to see the previously mysterious force keeping him away from Dream was someone he thought he could trust. "Don't be smart with me Dream, I think you'll want to speak wisely," Karl said, looking down by George's side, where he could see a long sword in Technoblade's scabbard. George wasn't foolish enough to try to grab it at risk of Dream's life and his own. But he had to figure out what was going on. He licked Techoblade's hand, and Techno pulled it back with a disgusted cry. His now free hand was holding the previously mentioned sword to his neck, and he was in the same position as Dream. Death could come to either of them at any moment. But not if George had any say in the matter.

    "Karl, please, why are you doing this? I thought we were fine with each other." George gently said, eyes on Karl's trembling hands holding the blade. Karl looked at him bewildered. "Oh yes George, we're perfectly fine. You just killed and overthrew my husband, that's all. No big deal." He laughed. "But I thought... Well, He didn't exactly treat you the best." George tried to reason. "DON'T FOR A SECOND THINK YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME." Karl roared, and now George knew he was in even more trouble than before. George knew Karl had gone mad, which alarmed him even more. George looked to Dream, but he remained silent, and in all honesty, he looked terrified. But his eyes stayed fixated on George. He could see the tip of the knife touch Dream's golden skin, and he felt a lump in his throat.

    "You see George, you ruined my life, and you aren't even sorry. Nobody apologized to me. NOBODY. I had no one because my poor Sapnap was always busy cleaning up your sister's mess. He was a wonderful leader who deserved better. Better than you, better your sister... better than me. But I was never enough either, George. So while you got to go out on your little adventure and make friends and fall in love," Karl spat, progressively getting angrier. "I was stuck. Stuck; in that castle with a Kingdom falling apart. But I had my husband. And I was his, and he was mine. And I didn't care if a thousand people and Niki died; we were going to rule the world. Me at his side." Karl was a broken-hearted side character who had no sense of self-worth without his evil-driven lover. "But you had to ruin it, George. You took away my love, my husband."

    "He didn't love you, Karl! He cared about himself. Sapnap was selfish; you have to realize that." Dream cried out. and Karl pushed the knife closer, drawing only a drop of blood. "What do you know about selflessness Dream?" Technoblade called from behind George. "We were brothers until you betrayed me." Dream looked at the man like he had grown another head. "Techno, what do you mean?? I don't know what I did to you. Why have you come to hurt me?" Technobalde scoffed at him. "You rescued a prince. You let him live among us. You dated him. Then did his bidding by storming the castle and killing his enemies. Which, I'll admit, wasn't too bad. But then you helped a new monarch rise and befriended her. You have betrayed everything I believe in. Everything we had believed in." George saw a tear in the corner of Dream's eye roll down his face. "They killed my parents too Technoblade. I know how it is, and it took me some time to get used to the idea that they aren't all bad. But they're not. And you can't remain stubborn in your old ways of thinking, it's hurting both of us. Trust me, I know." Dream turned to George, and they had an understanding of their love through their teardrops fallen on the cold hardwood. They both knew their love story was a strange one. It came from hate and resentment. But it blossomed into something beautiful; and something that they would both cherish. Even if their love was being held, with knives to their throats, it was everything to them. "Yes, Dream, we both lost our parents. But only I lost a mom and dad. I lost someone that could never be replaced. And you fell in love with the son of their murderers. For that, I could never consider you a brother again." George saw as Dream's heart was shattered, by only a few words.