𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Jongsoo ran down the stairs and grabbed the piece of toast that had been waiting for her for thirty minutes. The cup of juice was left on the table untouched. Shoving the toast in her mouth, she sat on the steps and pulled on her shoes frantically and tied them messily. She was in such a hurry that she didn't notice the red haired boy leaning against the wall post and watching her amusedly.

Her eyes glanced at the watch on her wrist and she gulped. She was going to be late...again. This would be the fourth time this week, twenty-seventh of the semester and they were only three months in. This would reflect very badly on her and she had already been warned of the consequences of constant tardiness.

She finished tying her shoes and jumped to her feet, snatching her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. Her toast was gone in seconds and she turned to head outside only to bump into a hard chest. Tilting her head upward a little, she felt a smile play on her lips. The boy grinned back down at her and held out the filled cup of juice.

"Might wanna finish your breakfast first," he chuckled.

She took the glass and drank it all, handing the cup back to him, "Thanks." She waved him goodbye, turning back around and running down the sidewalk to catch the bus.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

The boy watched his sister from the window and laughed to himself, "She's going to be late again."

"What's that?" an exhausted woman asked from behind him.

He turned and gave her an apologetic smile, "She's going to be late again."

The woman sighed and frowned, "I guess I should be expecting a call from the school then."

The boy nodded and felt somewhat guilty. If only he had woken the girl thirty minutes earlier then maybe she wouldn't always be late. But alas, he knew she was always slow and reckless no matter what. She had even been reckless in her relationships with others, which is why they didn't go to the same school. Thus, she had been going through private girl schools for years to avoid unwanted interactions with boys.

According to Jongsoo, her brother was the only positive male role model in her life and he was her best friend. She didn't have any friends so she relied on him to keep her company, though, sometimes he had to spend time with his own friends as well. He never invited them over just to protect her. He didn't want her to be heartbroken again.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

It was Friday and he stood next to the bus stop earlier than he should. He always came early so he could see her. Of course, he knew that she probably wasn't crushing back on him. He had never even spoken to her before but he liked to watch her whenever she sat in her usual window seat.

Right on time, the bus came to a halt and he stepped inside, finding his usual seat a row behind her and across the aisle. It was pretty early so there weren't many people inside. Putting in his earbuds and hitting play on his playlist, he half smiled as the sun shone through the window in a blinding but beautiful way.

A few girls sat on the other side of the bus and whispered to each other eagerly about how attractive he was. He was tall, handsome, had a nice body, and looked perfect to them but little did they know that he was only there to get a glimpse of the girl he had started crushing on two years ago.

Having never spoken to her, he just liked observing her from afar. The reason was that he hadn't quite collected the courage to speak to her yet. He wasn't even sure how he would speak to her. Would he just act like he accidentally bumped into her and then start up a conversation? Or could he manage to collect the guts to just walk up to her?

The bus slowed to a stop and, as expected, she hurried up the steps of the bus and sat down in her usual seat. He watched as she fidgeted with her fingers impatiently. She always seemed to be in a hurry, like she was late for school. Reckless but cute, he had also noticed she was shy and didn't seem to have many friends, if any.

To pass the time until her stop, she pulled out her phone. She, out of boredom, decided to scroll through her brother's posts on Instagram. She raised her eyebrows in surprise that he actually responded to two of the comments.

They must be his friends if he replies, she thought.

Tapping on the person's profile, she smiled a little as she saw that the boy's last post was of himself and her brother.

Song Mingi, she smiled to herself, he seems cute.

There was another profile she observed and he also had made a few recent posts that included her brother. The name read "Jung Yunho" and she could see that he was very handsome. She peered up as the bus started to slow. This was her stop. She absentmindedly liked the last post of her brother in it and tucked her phone away in her bag.

Feeling his phone buzz, he picked it up and glanced at it. Someone had liked his post with his friend, Jongho. Out of curiosity, he opened it to see a name he didn't recognize--"Choi Jongsoo". He looked closer at her profile picture and his eyes widened in disbelief.

His head shot up as his eyes searched for the girl's figure which was getting off of the bus. Watching in awe as she jogged down the sidewalk toward her school gates, his heart started to race.

She had liked his post.

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"No matter what some people say
No matter what some people hate
No matter what the things that make you sick
Just keep it up."

~ ATEEZ ⎮⎮ SUNRISE

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝