𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Jongsoo smiled softly as she was welcomed to the rooftop for lunch by the boys. Jongho had been sure to make it out of class at the same time so she wouldn't be wandering around the school alone. Once he had led her up the steps to the roof, she had found that his friends were ecstatic to get to know her better.

"So do you like music?" asked Hongjoong, striking up a conversation.

She nodded, "Yeah, I like to listen to a lot of different kinds such as K-Pop, pop, indie, punk rock..." she trailed off naming them, becoming self aware and chuckling nervously while rubbing the nape of her neck.

Hongjoong just smiled, shaking his head, "No! It's fine, don't be shy about it. We all like music here."

"Were you a part of any clubs in your old school?" Seonghwa asked.

She shrugged, "Not my most recent one, they were boring and didn't have any clubs I liked. But the one before that, I was part of the dance club."

There was a small chorus of "ooh"s after hearing the news. Hongjoong pointed to three of the boys, "Yeosang, Wooyoung, and Yunho have a dancing club here. There are a few other members too. You should consider joining!"

Yunho's heart did unimaginable flips when he found out that she danced. So they had something in common. Dancing was one of his passions and finding out that she liked to dance as well--whether she was great at it or not--warmed his heart and made him feel fuzzy inside.

Jongho smiled at his younger sister, "You totally should! You would really enjoy it. Hongjoong hyung also has a music club."

Mouth falling agape and her eyes sparkling, she stared at her brother in awe.

"What?" he asked, closing her mouth for her.

"You have such amazing friends..." she answered, "A dance and music club? Sounds like a dream..." She rested her chin on her palm and sighed softly.

Mingi gently slapped the girl's arm playfully, "What do you mean 'his friends'? We're your friends too!"

Her cheeks turned a bright pink, "Oh, I forgot. You see I'm not used to having anyone besides Jongho. Not many people have...liked me much in the past..."

Yunho's eyebrows furrowed and before he knew what he was doing, he spoke up, "Who wouldn't like you? You're so nice and seem talented." He immediately went red though once he realized her attention was all on him. Glancing away nervously, he secretly enjoyed the momentary attention he received from her.

Becoming a little flustered after hearing what Yunho had said, she stared at him for a few seconds before looking away. He had caught her off guard. Jongho luckily came to both of their rescues by speaking up.

"The dance club is after school on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Fridays. The music club is on Mondays and Wednesdays," he informed, "They usually last an hour or two, right, hyung?"

Hongjoong nodded, "Yep! It'd be really fun to spend more time and get to know you more, Jongsoo."

She considered, "But what if I end up having too much homework?"

The boys erupted in laughter but Seongwha just chuckled and patted her shoulder, "We all get assigned the same amount of homework. Me and Hongjoong usually work on homework together right before music. Since we're a grade higher than you guys, we don't have the same homework. I'm sure the other boys would love to help you out when you need it."

She gave a small smile, "Okay."

After a while, San finally spoke up, "So why haven't we heard about you before? Jongho never spoke of you and we had no clue he had a twin sister."

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Jongsoo stared at the ground as she sat there crisscrossed. She started to feel a bit vulnerable. Jongho placed a protective hand on her shoulder, "It never came up. That's all."

The mood had suddenly changed and the boys stared at Jongho. Having never seen him so protective of anything or anyone before, it was a strange sight. Jongho stared at San sternly but San stared back just as intently. He wanted to know why he had never heard about Jongsoo before. All of them had known Jongho for years so why wouldn't he mention his sister?

Something was off.

The others soon cleared up the tension in the air and Jongsoo excused herself from lunch, heading back downstairs. Once she was gone, Jongho turned to the others and sighed.

"I didn't wanna talk about it with her here," he explained, "She's quite sensitive about some things. Can I ask a favor from all of you though?"

They all silently nodded their heads, waiting for him to continue.

"Don't fall for her. Don't tell her if you do. And don't you dare break her heart or let her down," he warned, "She's too fragile and has already had her heart broken once. Because of that...it's hard for her to trust people, especially guys. That's why I never mentioned her, she just wanted to keep to herself. But certain things came up and now she's ended up here."

Yunho's heart dropped. The girl he had been watching from afar for two years had had her heart broken and now it was hard for her to trust people. Who knew if she would ever trust him? He suddenly became determined to gain her trust. But something else was nagging at him- he couldn't confess his feelings for her.

It would seem too quick to her, but he had known about her for a while so it was different for him. He would never hurt her, he would never dream of it. He now, more than ever, wanted to just wrap his arms around her and hold her, shielding her from the world and all of the hurt it can bring.

The boys all nodded to Jongho. San spoke up, "I'm sorry then for bringing it up with her here, I didn't know it was like that."

Mingi was next to speak, "Don't worry, Jongho, I'll stay by her side as a good friend."

Jongho smiled, "Thanks. I'm gonna go now, I don't want her wandering around alone since she's new. She could get lost."

With that, he also stood and left like his sister had. Everyone seemed to have made a resolve about ensuring that they would never hurt Jongsoo in any way but Yunho sat in a daze.

"Yunho?" asked Hongjoong.

He shook himself and looked up at the older.

"You seem out of it today...is something up?" he asked.

Yunho hesitated, debating whether he should tell them or not. In the end, he decided he should just get it out. Sighing, he fidgeted with his fingers, "It's her..."

"Her?" asked San.

"Oh, he must be talking about the girl that he's gushed about for years. She wasn't on the bus this morning," piped up Wooyoung.

"Oh, well don't worry about it," Hongjoong tried to comfort the younger, "I'm sure she'll be on the bus tomorrow. Maybe she wasn't feeling well today."

Yunho shook his head, "No, she'll never be on that bus and go to that school again."

Yeosang looked around at everyone in confusion and then back to Yunho, "What do you mean?"

Yunho let out a shaky breath, "Because the girl from the bus is Jongho's sister."

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"I can't go back to the way it was
You didn't know me, after I bumped into you
I become craving for you more, uncontrollably"

ATEEZ ⎮⎮ INCEPTION

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝