𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Jongsoo was standing near the doorway and getting ready to leave. She would be walking home alone since Jongho had to meet someone and left early. Checking the time on her phone, it read five twenty-seven. She put her phone away, looking up to see Yunho gazing at her.

His cheeks lit up pink and he gave her a shy smile. She smiled back as he stood a little straighter and approached her. He tucked his hands in his pant pockets sheepishly.

"Do you want someone to walk you home since your brother isn't here?" he asked.

Feeling her cheeks heat up slightly, she answered him, "Sure, but I don't want to be a bother to you."

He shook his head, "No, of course not! Let me get my things and I'll go with you. I'll meet you out in the hallway in a minute."

She nodded and turned, heading outside. She felt a new feeling but she didn't want to put too much hope in it; she and Yunho were just friends. All he had been was kind and cheerful around her, and he was probably that way with everyone. She had already subconsciously chosen who she was more drawn to and who she felt more comfortable around. Yunho was one of them.

Grabbing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder, Yunho started walking towards the practice room exit but felt a hand grip his arm. He stopped in his tracks and tilted his head to see who it was. It was Yeosang. The younger let go of him but held eye contact.

"I'll walk Jongsoo home," Yeosang said, "Wooyoung needs your help cleaning today."

Yunho's heart fell. He knew why his friend was doing this. It was just an effort to ensure no feelings of attraction were expressed. The most he could ask for was just to be a steady presence in her life but he realized that maybe even that was too much to ask.

Head hung low, he gave a small, disappointed nod, "Alright. Just make sure she gets home safe."

Yeosang nodded back, giving him a quick pat on the shoulder and leaving to find her.

Jongsoo heard the footsteps and turned, expecting to see Yunho but in his place was Yeosang. She gave him a confused look, "Where's Yunho?"

Yeosang gave an apologetic smile, "Sorry, Yunho had something come up and he asked me to walk you home instead."

She nodded, trying to ignore the tinge of sadness she felt, "It's fine."

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

The next few weeks went by slowly for Jongsoo who was still growing accustomed to going to a school filled with both girls and boys. She was glad she had Jongho and his friends...which now were sort of her friends too. She enjoyed her time with the dance and music clubs and grew closer to some of the other students--but not too close.

She was sitting in class, resting her chin on one hand while the other drew gracefully on her notebook. Checking the clock that sat on the wall on the other side of the room, there were fifteen minutes left of class. If she timed it right, she could finish her drawing before she had to leave.

At this point, her notebook was filled with math formulas, practice questions, and sketches and doodles. If she missed any notes, she would just copy off of Yunho. He always paid close attention to the teachers and took extraordinary notes. They were more organized than her life.

She never showed anyone the sketches in her notebook. She didn't dare to. She wasn't sure if it was from embarrassment or just from the fact that she wanted to keep her art private in general. Examining her work, she nodded in approval when she saw that she was nearly finished.

She checked the clock again and then glanced at Yunho's notes, hastily scribbling down the ones that seemed most important before adding the finishing touches to her artwork. If anyone would ask her, she would say it was a masterpiece. Others might say differently but she didn't care. It wasn't like she was going to show anyone anyway.

The bell rang and she shut her notebook, shoving it in her bag. She was eager to finish her homework with the boys before heading to the music club. She wasn't the brightest student so she resorted to receiving help from others if possible.

She started by asking Mingi if he could help with homework but he said that he had to head home early. She asked San and Wooyoung but they were of no help as Wooyoung was constantly being clingy with San and no work was being accomplished. Jongho had a meeting with one of his teachers about the student council and when she texted Yeosang asking for help, he left her on read.

After trying with the rest, she came to the conclusion that she would be getting a very low grade on that day's assignment. Trudging through the hallways and wearing a frown, she wondered who she had left to turn to. That was, until she saw Yunho walk around the corner.

She nearly jumped for joy as she ran to him with arms wide open. The poor boy flinched in surprise at the sudden interaction. He was beyond confused as to why the girl of his dreams was so pleased to see him but he wasn't complaining. Not one bit.

"What is it?" he asked once Jongsoo had pulled away. He knew his cheeks were probably the shade of tomatoes and he wouldn't be surprised if the girl could hear his heart pounding in his chest.

"Please help me with my homework! I have no one else to turn to!" she held her hands together in a begging pose.

He rolled his eyes with a laugh, "You should've come to me first, pabo."

She frowned and gave a small pout, "Well then where were you?"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Well... Um-"

She shook her head and linked arms with him, "Aish, it doesn't matter. Just don't go anywhere without my permission from now on. I may need your help."

His heart was doing flips and he clutched his heart in happiness with his free hand. He couldn't help but smile and nod, "O-okay. I promise I'll stay with you...for as long as you want me to." He whispered the last part more to himself rather than her. 

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"Crushed by anxiety
My heart that has become like ash
Keep fallin' down down
I'm starting to feel trapped"

ATEEZ ⎮⎮ "Better"

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝