𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Jongsoo opened a lazy eye and yawned, sitting up and stretching. Voices from downstairs told her that her brother was home from school. No doubt her mother telling him about how she got kicked out of school. Checking the time, she almost jumped out of bed.

It read 6:47 am. She had slept for sixteen hours?!

"Jongsoo! It's time to get up, you need to get ready for school," called her mother.

She blinked, her mother had found a new school for her that fast? Shrugging and climbing out of bed, she walked down the hall to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. Once she was finished, she went downstairs to see her brother who was waiting for her. He was holding a girl's school uniform in his hands.

"...That looks like your school's uniform," she said hesitantly, "Jongho...I thought I was supposed to go to all girl schools."

Her mother came around the corner, "This is our last option. At least Jongho can make you arrive on time now."

Jongsoo's eyes widened, "But there will be boys..."

"Yeah, but don't worry, I'll protect you this time," he told her.

She reluctantly took the uniform and went to the bathroom to change, coming out a few minutes later with her hair brushed, uniform on, and she wore some very light makeup like usual. Somehow, she wasn't running late yet.

"Breakfast is ready," called Jongho from the kitchen.

Entering the kitchen and sitting down to eat, she wasn't quite sure how she was feeling about this situation. Her brother was aware of her uneasiness and wanted to help but he wasn't sure how. Maybe he could beg the teachers to let them share all of the same classes.

Time seemed to go faster than Jongsoo would've liked because she soon found herself walking next to Jongho on the sidewalk. For the first time it seemed, she wasn't running late or in a rush. She had to admit, it did feel pretty nice.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

Leaning against the school building, he felt the cool bricks through his shirt and jacket. He hadn't seen her this morning on the bus and he had become dishearted. Mingi seemed to notice his friend's behavior so he went to stand next to him.

"Are you okay?"

Yunho shook his head with an evident frown, "I didn't see her today. She's always on the bus. What if she's sick? What if she moved? What if I never see her again?"

"Then your life is meaningless and you might as well go dig a hole," said Yeosang sarcastically. He sat on the bench happily eating his honey butter chips next to them.

Wooyoung let out his cute high-pitched laugh as he clutched to San for support. Seonghwa and Hongjoong stood with them and waited silently for their younger friend. Jongho normally would have already arrived by now but it appeared he may have had something make him a few minutes later than usual. It was fine though, because he wasn't close to being late yet.

"I'm sure you'll-hey, guys..." started San who soon trailed off when he saw Jongho walking with a girl. He had to admit, she was pretty cute. Yunho was still looking at the ground, uninterested in the fact that Jongho had just arrived. He was still too busy thinking about the girl.

"Who's that girl with him?" asked Seongwha curiously.

"Is that his girlfriend? I didn't know he had one..." said Yeosang.

"I don't know but she's pretty cute," stated San.

Yunho sighed and finally looked up only to be stunned. Eyes widening, he froze on the spot and gulped. His heart started to race but it also dropped at the same time. Was the girl he had liked for so long actually Jongho's girlfriend?

He watched as the two approached them. The girl seemed to try and hide behind Jongho, nervously glancing around the school. She looked like a scared little kitten, so innocent and pure. He just wanted to wrap his arms around her and shelter her from her fears.

"Jongho, who is this?" asked Hongjoong once they had arrived.

Jongho smiled and put an arm around her shoulder, "This is Jongsoo, my twin sister."

Everyone was silent, partially in shock and letting the information sink in. They had known Jongho since freshman year and he had never mentioned having a sister before. In fact, he had never really talked much about his family. They started to wonder if it was intentional.

"I didn't know you had a sister..." mumbled Mingi.

Wooyoung beamed at his chance to make a new friend, "Hello! I'm Wooyoung, I hope we can be friends!"

Jongsoo's eyes went wide and she glanced at Jongho who gave her an encouraging smile. He looked at his friends, "Sorry, she's quite shy. She might take a while to warm up."

"Ah yes, that's okay. We'll try and make you feel welcome," smiled Hongjoong.

He had a very kind smile and demeanor about him. She recognized Mingi and Yunho from their Instagram accounts and was surprised at how even more good looking Yunho was in person. Their eyes locked for a few seconds.

There was something slightly familiar about him now that she thought of it, but she wasn't sure what. He wore an expression she couldn't quite understand but he seemed to recognize her. She glanced away before the others noticed them staring at each other.

Yunho couldn't believe she was standing right in front of him. That she was one of his best friends' twin sister. That they had just made eye contact. Did she recognize him?

"Come on, Soo-ah, let's get you your schedule," said Jongho, gently tugging her towards the doors, "Maybe we can share the same classes.

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"Don't be afraid
Dreams are everywhere
Just go where
You're going, my way."

~ ATEEZ ⎮⎮ MY WAY

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝