𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Yunho stared at her for a few seconds, gulping at what he was about to do. He stepped forward, cupping Jongsoo's cheeks and connecting his lips with hers. The kiss was slow and sweet, still catching Jongsoo off guard. Her eyes soon fluttered closed and she wrapped her arms around his neck, one hand playing with his hair.

It felt as if sparks flew everywhere and they were floating on clouds. Yunho's heart was no longer racing from nervousness, he was calm after she kissed him back. Jongsoo wasn't sure what had gotten into Yunho that made him kiss her but she wasn't complaining.

When they pulled away, they rested their foreheads against each other. She stared at his lips, still getting over the fact that she had just kissed them, "What was that for?"

"You have a nice painting hanging in the art gallery, you know," he chuckled against her lips.

Her eyes widened, "Wait, you saw that?!"

He cocked an eyebrow, "Was I not supposed to?"

Shaking her head, she answered, "No, not until Saturday! I was going to ask you to come with me and you were going to see the painting and then..." She trailed off, lowering her gaze from him in embarrassment.

"And then?" he asked, nudging her playfully, "Were you planning a date?"

"Maybe," she mumbled.

Giggling, he lifted her chin so she could meet his eyes again. He pecked her lips, "Well I would love that."

Jongsoo shyly smiled and buried her face into his chest, "Yunho...I really like you."

He rested his chin on the top of her head and grinned, "I like you too."

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" she asked.

He hummed a response, letting go of her and walking with her to the living room. She turned on a movie and the two got on the couch, Jongsoo resting her head on Yunho's chest. Yunho pulled a blanket over them and started playing with her hair.

Within just a matter of minutes, he could hear her soft snores. He couldn't contain himself and started smiling like an idiot. Trying to be quiet, he took out his phone and took a picture of her. She was adorable with pouting lips while she slept. He was acting as giddy as a schoolgirl.

He put his phone away and wrapped his arms around her, soon falling asleep himself.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

It was now Saturday, the day that they would announce the winners. Yunho and Jongsoo were standing together near the stage. The speaker walked up to the microphone and smiled.

"We'd like to welcome you to this year's art competition results announcement. We'll start off naming honorable mentions," the woman flipped through her list and started calling participants up to receive their ribbons. So far, none of the names had been Jongsoo's. Seeing her nervousness, Yunho placed his hands on her shoulders and lightly massaged them.

"You're going to do great, it'll be okay," he whispered in her ear. She smiled, he was right. Everything would be fine, even if she didn't win. They watched as the speaker called up third place, giving the boy his trophy and his reward money. Then came up second place--a girl with long dark hair and a white headband. She looked like the quiet type and bowed graciously as she accepted her slightly larger trophy and reward money.

"And finally," the woman smiled brightly, cooking up at the crowd, "First place goes to Miss Choi Jongsoo!"

Jongsoo let out a squeak and jumped in the air, looking at Yunho. He beamed back at her and motioned her to go up and collect her award. She turned and climbed the stairs to the stage, being handed the largest trophy of the three given out. The speaker handed her the reward money and shook her hand, whispering a quick "congratulations".

A photographer took the winners' pictures and after a while, they were dismissed. Jongsoo ran back to Yunho who embraced her, lifting her into the air. "I knew you'd win," he murmured against her skin, pecking her cheek.

Her heart was doing flips and somersaults. She didn't think she'd ever loved someone this much in her life. It had taken time to build her trust for him, but once she gave it to him she knew he'd never let her down. She wanted to stay with him forever.

Once they let go of each other, Jongsoo pulled out her phone to call her mother. She had said that if her daughter won, she would make a fancy dinner and invite the boys over and her coworker over to celebrate.

"Jongsoo?" her mother's voice spoke up on the other end of the phone.

"Mom, I won!" she exclaimed, biting her lip, "I won first place!"

"I knew it! I'll have Jongho call your friends over and Ahnjong," she replied, "I'll start on dinner. Be home in the next hour, okay?"

"Mhm, bye!" Jongsoo hung up, putting away her phone. She carefully put her awards in her bag and intertwined her fingers with Yunho's. He chuckled and grinned, swaying their hands as they walked home.

Normally, they would take the bus but they chose to walk instead. It was a nice evening and there was a soft breeze in the air. It was so perfect, Jongsoo thought she was in a fairytale.

Yunho couldn't stop smiling around her. Whenever he looked at her, he just felt so happy. He kissed her cheek and giggled. Looking up at him surprised, she paused walking. She stood on her tippy toes, wrapping her arms around his neck and planting little kisses on his lips.

Yunho grinned, putting his arms around her, "You're so wonderful, you know that?"

She leaned into his chest, "I know I'm amazing."

They both laughed, pulling away and continuing their walk back home. 

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"I'm here for the good life
I'm on my way
I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the other half till the end
Better life"

ATEEZ || "My Way"

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝