𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

"What are you doing after school today?" asked Jongsoo.

Yunho grinned, "Jongho, Hongjoong, Seonghwa and I are going to the mall to go shopping for Yeosang's birthday since it's in a few weeks."

She nodded, "Oh, I think my brother mentioned something about that. Have fun then!"

He smiled, "You can come if you'd like, we won't mind."

Shaking her head, she answered, "Nah, it's okay. I have some things to do back at home."

He shrugged and tilted his head, "Alright then."

After the clubs were dismissed for the day, everyone headed to their destinations. Jongsoo went home and decided to clean and tidy the place up a little so her mother didn't have to later. She washed the dishes and dried them, setting them in the cabinet, and then swept the floor and wiped the counters. Once done in the kitchen, she moved on to the living room and vacuumed, doing a little dusting and adjusting the decorations as well.

When she was satisfied with her work, she went upstairs to turn on some music and tidy her room too. She cleaned her shelves, organizing her messy array of books and board games. Sitting next to a basket of clothes she had just washed, she folded them and put them away in her drawers. Once everything was finished, she sat back on her bed and pulled up a drama to watch until Jongho got back from shopping.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

"Hey, why don't we go into the art gallery over there while we're waiting for our dinner order?" suggested Hongjoong. The others nodded in agreement and entered.

There were lots of paintings and drawings on the walls. There were some small sculptures and other artistic designs that filled the place.

"Oh, there's a competition," Seonghwa said, "They want visitors to look at all the art and vote for their favorite piece."

Hongjoong smiled, "Ah, this is so cool. Look at those glass vases over there."

Three glass vases sat on a stand, ribbon keeping guests from getting too close. They looked like they were pieced together from broken glass and the light above them shone through, casting rainbow forms onto the floor.

The boys marveled at the sight, murmuring to themselves. Walking deeper into the gallery, they saw many more impressive artworks. But the more they saw, the harder the choice was for them to make for which to vote.

As Seonghwa was examining some of the paintings on one wall, he froze. His eyes were glued to one specific painting and he couldn't look away. His mouth fell slightly open, "Uh...g-guys?"

The other boys all turned in unison, heading over to where he was standing. There, on the wall, was a painting of Yunho. He was looking back, eyes glimmering. He wore a navy blue outfit and an earring could be seen. The artist had given him a soft pinkish color of hair but it was apparent that it was Yunho.

Yunho stared at the painting in awe, gulping. He had never seen such a beautiful piece of work before--and he wasn't just saying that because it was of him. The artist was truly talented and would definitely place well in the competition. "W-who's the artist?" he mumbled, still staring at the painting.

Seonghwa looked below the frame, "Choi...Jongsoo." He turned and looked back at the other boys. Hongjoong had a hand over his mouth and Jongho's mouth fell wide open.

Meeting his hyungs' gazes he finally spoke up, "H-have I been missing out on something here? D-does Jongsoo like Yunho?"

He looked between his friends, not knowing what to think. How had she hid her feelings so well from him and yet his friends seemed to have already known. Looking at Yunho, it was evident he didn't know about this either.

His voice was small, "Sh-she likes me back?"

Jongho's eyes widened, "Wait, you like my sister? Since when? What about your bus stop girl?"

Hongjoong chuckled, "His bus stop girl actually turned out to be your sister." He patted the youngest's shoulder.

"I...I have to go," Yunho said quickly before turning and starting a full-on run back the way he came.

Seonghwa picked up the voting slips of paper, "Well, I think we can all agree who wins our votes." He filled out four slips, and then put them in the box of votes. Jongho was still in shock while the other two were finding amusement in the situation.

"That girl is something else," Hongjoong stated, crossing his arms and looking at the painting of Yunho, "Good luck, Jongsoo."

Yunho ran out of the mall and to the street, waving down a taxi. One slowed and he hopped in, giving him an address. He let out a shaky breath and fidgeted with his fingers, looking out the window. Was it true that this whole time Jongsoo had been liking him back? Had she been planning on telling him about her submission in the art competition?

He wasn't sure but he was about to find out. He couldn't stand it now, not after seeing her painting of him. And she had done it so well without asking him to pose for her. Every detail had been perfect, from his lips to the way his eyes always sparkled.

He had to ask her now--if she really did like him back, if this was why she never showed anyone what she drew. Was he the reason that she always hid her art? His heart was racing and he knew he wasn't really thinking any of this through.

The taxi stopped in front of the driveway and he hopped out, thanking the driver. He ran up the steps and knocked on the door. When no one answered, he knocked again, this time a little louder.

Jongsoo took her earbuds out and listened, "Did someone just knock?" She stood, and walked down the stairs, hearing the knock again. "Hold on, I'm coming," she called lazily. She ran a hand through her hair and reached for the door handle, opening it.

She was surprised to see Yunho standing there looking strained. Stepping aside, she let him inside and gave him a confused look, "Yunho? I thought you were out shopping... Is everything alright?"

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"You are dancing with me
In the arms of light
For me
You are another night"

ATEEZ || "Aurora"

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝