𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Jongho walked with his sister down the hallway, giving her a quick tour of the school. She figured she would be able to remember where everything was without him. Sharing two classes with him, she still wished for more. According to him, his friends were in the other classes so she wouldn't fully be alone.

She wasn't sure whether she was thankful for that yet or not. They seemed nice, but so had the boy that broke her heart. The only person that hadn't let her down before was Jongho. He never wished to disappoint her.

"I'm going to use the restroom, I'll be back in a few minutes," he said, making her pause in the hallway while he entered the boy's restrooms.

Jongsoo gripped the straps of her backpack tightly. Glancing around the hallway nervously, she hoped that no one approached her or started asking her a bunch of questions. On cue, she heard her name called and so she turned to see who the voice belonged to.

It was Wooyoung. He was with two other boys that she didn't know the names of. She watched as he bounced toward her with a big smile on his face. The other two gave her small smiles, trying to make her feel a little at ease.

One had black hair with red streaks in it, with an unbelievably sharp jawline and she caught a glimpse of his dimples. He was cute.

The other had crimped brown hair and a soft smile. He was about the same height as Wooyoung but a little shorter than the other male. He was cute as well.

She gave them a small, tight-lipped smile to show some sort of friendliness to them since they were her brother's friends. She wasn't sure how she was going to make it through the school year but Jongho promised to help her.

"What are you doing alone?" asked Wooyoung.

She gripped the straps and her backpack even tighter, "O-oh, just waiting for Jongho. He's using the restroom."

"Oh, well you should join us for lunch," he said, "We usually sneak up to the roof to eat and hang out."

Her mouth fell agape, "Sneak?"

Wooyoung nodded, putting a finger up to his lips, "Shhh."

She blinked and glanced around before looking back at Wooyoung, "What happens if you get caught?"

"Detention," answered the crimped hair boy, "I'm Yeosang by the way."

"Oh! And this is San," Wooyoung introduced her to the dark haired boy.

He smiled and slightly bowed, "Hello."

She gave a nod toward them both, "Nice to meet you."

"So?" Wooyoung asked.

Blinking in confusion, she tried to figure out what he meant, "So what?"

Wooyoung gasped and covered his mouth with a hand dramatically. Yeosang gripped the boy's arm and shook his head sternly, "No, don't you dare start singing."

Wooyoung sang softly in protest, "But I want to~"

"Want to what?" asked Jongho as he stepped out of the boys' restroom.

"Sing 'So What'," answered San plainly.

Jongho laughed, patting his hyung's shoulder, "We can during lunch," he turned to his sister, "I still have a little bit left to show you of the school then we'll head for class."

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

Jongsoo entered the classroom after being called in by the teacher. Fidgeting with her fingers, her head tilted to the floor until she was asked to introduce herself. She raised her head a little and looked up at everyone shyly.

"Hello, I'm Choi Jongsoo," she bowed, "Please take care of me."

The teacher smiled and looked around at the classroom, "Would anyone like to invite her to sit next to them?"

She watched as a freakishly tall boy--compared to her at least--with dark hair stood, raising his hand with an excited smile, "I would, Mrs. Kang!"

There were a few giggles and snickers from the other students. They watched as the teacher motioned for Jongsoo to take a seat next to the boy. She seemed pleased that the young man had been so eager to welcome her newest student.

Jongsoo sat down next to the familiar boy and gave him a small nod. Folding his arms on the desk, he looked over at her with a big grin on his face. His eyes disappeared which made her chuckle softly.

"I'm Mingi, a friend of your brother," he introduced himself, "I'm glad we share our first class together."

"It's nice to meet you," she replied with a smile, "I'm glad as well...I have a hard time meeting new people and making friends."

"No worries then! You can meet the others and hang out with us during lunch break. We can all be friends!" he declared excitedly before the teacher started her lesson.

She felt strangely happy and welcomed--the opposite of what she felt at her old schools. Usually excluded from friend groups and activities at the other schools, she was always sticking out like a sore thumb. Maybe this year would be a tad bit different.

She just couldn't let herself be hurt again like she had a few years ago. She had been so hurt by the first boy she had ever loved and she was afraid it would happen again. Therefore, she made it hard for people to earn her trust, in fact, it was pretty close to impossible.

It had been her fault, she had placed too much trust in him and he had let her down. She had wished he would have let her down slowly. But alas, he had to go and crush her heart all in one move. 

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"People want it
People dream about it
It can be different to every individual
It can complete us
Or it can destroy us
And it can change the world
People call it 'treasure'"

ATEEZ ⎮⎮ Intro: Long Journey

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝