𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

It was Saturday and the sun was high in the sky. The day was very warm and in fact, too warm for Jongsoo's liking. She sat lazily out in the driveway, fanning herself with her homework. Jongho was speaking but she wasn't listening. She was just thinking about how she would really like something cold to drink.

"Soo-ah~," whined Jongho.

She just hummed in response. He sighed in frustration, standing over her, "Hey, are you even listening to me?"

"No, sorry," she admitted, "I was thinking about how hot it was."

On cue, Yunho came out of the house with two bottles of water. He walked over to them, handing one to Jongsoo, "Who's hot? Were you speaking of me?"

She took the bottle of water, playfully punching him in the arm, "Of course not."

Jongho's eyes darted back and forth at the two, sticking out his lower lip in a pout, "Where's my drink?"

"You can go get it yourself," Yunho snickered.

Jongho let out a huff and stood, stomping inside while the other two sat laughing at him. Taking a large gulp of the cold water, Jongsoo crossed her legs. She set her drink down and let out a content sigh, watching the street.

"Thanks," she said.

Yunho looked over at her, grinning, "You're welcome."

There was a long moment of silence between them. Yunho could feel his heart pounding in his chest and wanted to smile like an idiot. It had been a few months now since the two had met and he was glad that she had become comfortable around him.

Jongsoo laid back against the warm pavement and sighed, "Can I ask you something?"

He looked over at her figure, nodding, "Sure." For some reason this made him nervous. He wasn't sure why, maybe just that she actually wanted to ask him something.

She fixed her eyes on him, "Can you tell me the answer to question thirteen?"

Watching as she tapped the paper, his heart fell. Of course, she wasn't going to ask him about them or anything of the sort. She probably didn't even look at him that way. She wasn't attracted to him the way he was to her.

He faked a small smile and nodded, explaining the question to her. A small part of him had hoped maybe she would just randomly ask if he liked anyone, or confess feelings for him. It wouldn't make sense to just blurt it out in the middle of a non-relatable conversation but he couldn't stop wishing she would. Though, the chances of her liking him were low in his opinion.

The other boys had warned him countless times to be careful around her. They didn't want any misunderstandings or tension between any of them. Their friendship was truly valued by each of them.

After explaining the question and checking her homework, he nodded, "This looks good."

"Mhm," she hummed in response, making him peer over her paper. She was smiling to herself as she sketched in her notebook--God knows where it came from, it magically appeared with her everywhere.

He tried to peer over her shoulder to get a glimpse but she scooted away, "No looking~."

Sighing, he set down her homework, "Please~, just this once? I promise I won't judge!"

After shaking her head, he sneakily tried to peer over her shoulder. This time, she stood abruptly and scowled at him, "Yunho, I said no. I don't want anyone looking in my notebook, okay?" She sounded angry and his expression changed to worry.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just...you know you draw beautifully, right? I'm not gonna laugh or judge anything you do..." he apologised.

Sighing, she held her notebook at her side, "It's fine, Yunho. I've got someplace to be anyway." She took her homework and left him, going inside and coming out a minute later with a bag slung over her shoulder.

Yunho watched as she got on her bike and left the driveway without even sparing him a glance. Was she actually angry with him? He had apologized and he didn't mean to hurt her feelings... He started to panic. He couldn't tell Jongho that he had upset her, but could he tell one of the other boys?

He sighed, pulling out his phone and dialing Seonghwa's number. After ringing twice, the elder picked up.

"Yeah?" he spoke up.

Yunho sucked in a breath, "Hyung, I think I screwed up."

There was silence.

"You didn't confess-" Seonghwa started but was interrupted.

"She was drawing something in her notebook and I tried to peek to see what it was but she got up and told me to stop and then said she had somewhere to be and left without glancing at me and saying goodbye," he explained all in one breath.

Seonghwa sighed, "Come over to my house and be here in ten minutes."

Yunho heard the line go dead and he stared at his phone. Was he going to help him? He hoped so. Jongsoo being upset with him was the last thing he wanted. If Seonghwa could help him, it would save his life.

Standing up, he noticed Jongho exit the house. The younger glanced around, "Where'd Jonsoo go?"

Yunho shrugged, "She said she had to go somewhere. I actually have to go now too, I'll see you later." He quickly turned, hopping on his own bike and pedaling down the street.

Jongho scratched his head, "Somewhere to go? Since when?"

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"Locked inside the dark
Where I'm suffocating in deep
I'm just falling down
Deeper I'm falling down"

ATEEZ ⎮⎮ "Take Me Home"

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝