𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Jongsoo and San sat across from each other at a table by a window in the convenience store. San had bought her some ramen from a shelf and cooked it using the microwave in the back, which was what she was eating now. She used her chopsticks and stuffed herself with a mouthful of noodles. Her cheeks were dried with a mix of rain and tears.

San sat with his chin resting on the palm of his hand, watching her as she ate. He understood why Yunho had been liking the girl for so long just by the first second of seeing her. She was beautiful and adorable, and a very sweet person. He had grown to like her as well but chose to keep extra distance from her since Yunho had liked her first.

He had seen her from his apartment window and rushed out to bring her an umbrella. Once she told him what happened, he offered to walk with her to where she was going so she wasn't alone. Seeming grateful for his presence, he also bought her some ramen. It saddened him that she was convinced Yunho liked someone--but it also made him curious.

He tilted his head, "So does that mean...you're jealous that Yunho likes someone? And you're worried it isn't you?"

Jongsoo slowly nodded, finally admitting it. She wasn't sure when, but somewhere along the way Yunho's dorkiness had grown on her. Liking him had become impossible and soon she had turned into such a simp for him. Explaining these things to San was somehow easier than she would've thought. It felt as if there was an unspoken bond and understanding between them.

San just chuckled after she told him these things, "A simp, huh? And you're worried about him not liking you and someone else?" he couldn't help but laugh softly to himself.

She frowned and set her chopsticks down, "Are you making fun of me?"

He shook his head, putting up his hands, "Of course not, it's just that...what if he feels the same way? What if he's worried that you don't like him?"

She went silent, thinking and then said, "No, there's no way he'd like me. I'm sure of it. He flirts but he's always just joking, he helps me with my homework and does other things for me but he's just a nice person in general, and he only hangs out with me because Jongho is my brother and the three of us are friends."

San sat there shocked, "You really are a blind idiot, aren't you?"

Choking on her food, she coughed out, "What the actual hell, San?"

He shook his head, "I shouldn't be the one to say this, and I might get killed by all of our friends for saying this too but-" he leaned closer and crossed his arms, staring at her, "-Yunho is in damn love with you, girl. He's liked you way longer than you think he has or before you've even known him. We'd hear about you all the time and do you know how annoying it was to have him gush about you every second of the day? He saw you once at a bus stop two years ago and ever since he hasn't been able to get you out of his stupid brain."

He chuckled, running a hand through his hair, "He's been scared this whole weekend that he upset you after trying to peek in your notebook. He's been a dorky simp this whole time and you haven't realized it."

Jongsoo stared at him, shocked and confused. She was speechless and felt as if her brain had been haywired and she was malfunctioning. No, she didn't just hear him say that, she was dreaming. But if she was dreaming, then why was her hair still wet and cold from the rain?

"Don't tell anyone I told you, got it?" he asked, with a sly smile on his lips. He had to tell her Yunho's feelings. Just observing her, he knew she would have closed herself off from them within the next day or two, not giving Yunho enough time to apologize and confess if that was part of his plan. He knew because he had been the same way.

He had been hurt by a girl he had cared about very much and closed himself off from her completely. She wanted to make things right with him, but he never agreed to meet with her before leaving for the states. Now it was too late, he had received news that she had been in an accident and had passed away two years ago--the very day Yunho had come to school saying he had seen the most beautiful girl of his life. He had regrets, but he didn't want to see his friends suffer and close themselves off from each other as he had.

"I...I won't tell anyone," she stuttered.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

The next day of school was painfully awkward for both Yunho and Jongsoo. Now knowing that he had been crushing back this whole time, she wanted to wait for the right moment to confess to him. She didn't feel ready for a relationship, but she wanted to make her feelings clear to him.

On the other hand, Yunho was a nervous wreck and waited until he could get a moment alone with her to give her the gifts and apologize. He had thought about confessing as well but decided against it as it might be too much for her to take in.

San through all of this was basking in the irony of the whole situation. Jongho didn't know that the two liked each other, he still thought that Yunho liked the "bus stop girl" and didn't realize that she was his sister. He would find out soon enough though.

Lunch was the most amusing part of the day for him though. The two had spoken over each other too many times to count and repeatedly apologized for "interrupting".

"Could you-" the two in question started to say together. Chuckling nervously, they both motioned for the other to speak first. Realizing that it was getting them nowhere and annoyed with the two acting as if nothing was going on between them, Yeosang rolled his eyes and tossed them the napkins that they were about to ask for.

"Why don't you go ahead and wipe each other's mouths with them too?" he asked sarcastically.

Yunho and Jungsoo both looked at each other, a blushing mess. San and Wooyoung jumped to their feet, "Yes! Let's have a drama moment!"

San got on one knee and raised his fingers as if framing the moment before pulling out his phone to record. Wooyoung put his hands on his hips and grinned slyly--San had told him everything and the two had made plans to push the two of them together.

Catching on to what they were doing, Mingi piped up, "Jongsoo-ah, why don't you sit in front of Yunho hyung. You hold the napkin and wipe the small bit of sauce next to his lip."

The boys were a giggling mess, including Jongho. It was such a silly idea, but they took it so seriously to get the two together.

San mimicked a director, "Action!"

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"Even under the rain I can see it
Your one and only rainbow, oh-oh

If the bright sun is hiddenYour unseen future is the same"

ATEEZ ⎮⎮ "Dreamers"

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝