𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

The air felt nice that morning as he walked to school. His school started half an hour after his sister's. Unlike her, he attended a normal high school with both boys and girls. When he and his sister were younger, they went to the same school and shared the same friends. But after 8th grade when it happened, her mother switched them both to different schools.

Fortunately, he was able to make new friends but his sister wasn't as fortunate. She was awkward, reckless, and had trust issues. It was hard for her to meet new people and learn to trust them. Thus, he was her only friend. He didn't mind though, he was glad that she relied on him; it made him feel somewhat good.

After hearing someone call his name, he shook away from his thoughts. A smile formed on his lips as his eyes landed on the voice's owner.

"Hey, Jongho!" waved a tall boy with dark hair and greenish streaks. He wore a wide smile that made his eyes disappear.

Jongho waved back, walking towards him, "Hey, Mingi. Where are the others?"

"Yeosang went to see what the lunch menu was for today," Mingi chuckled, "He wants to see if there'll be any chicken."

Jongho laughed, "Of course he is."

"Anyway, Yunho should be here any minute. Hongjoong is already inside with the others," Mingi explained.

Just as if he were summoned, another tall boy entered through the school gate and was smiling to himself. He seemed really happy and both of the other boys were curious about what had put him in such a good mood.

"I see you're happy this morning," commented Jongho.

"Looks like he's love struck to me," added Mingi.

Yunho turned to them, walking backwards into the school and beaming at both of them. "Yes, I'm very happy this morning. The best thing ever happened," he giggled a little, almost like a schoolgirl.

Jongho's eyes widened, "Did you finally speak to that girl you always talk about?"

Yunho hesitated, "Well, no... But, somehow she found my Instagram account and liked one of my posts!"

The younger two stopped in their tracks and looked at each other in amazement. "What?" asking in sync. They were definitely surprised and hadn't been expecting him to say that. They had originally thought maybe he was just happy because she actually made eye contact with him or something. But this was a bit bigger.

"Let me see!" exclaimed Mingi, reaching for the phone.

Yunho held his phone away protectively, "No way! You might try to steal her away from me!"

"She's not even with you," Jongho rolled his eyes amused.

Yunho frowned but held up a finger, "Yet. But I swear I could make that girl happy."

"You could make any girl happy looking like that," muttered Jongho.

Mingi laughed at the two and put his arms around them, "Come on, let's get to class."

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

Jongsoo sat in the principal's office and fidgeted with her fingers, feeling ashamed and embarrassed. Why couldn't she ever get to school on time like she was supposed to? Her mother sat in the chair next to her with her small pastel pink purse sitting on her lap. She wore a concerned look on her face as she spoke with the principal, occasionally glancing at her daughter.

"I cannot explain how sorry I am for my daughter's behavior. I will make sure she-"

"Ma'am, your daughter is always late. This has to stop. We've already spoken to you before about this..." the woman sighed, "We have no choice but to have her leave permanently. She cannot keep interrupting the classes. I hope you understand."

Her mother went silent and let out a shaky sigh, "Alright... Jongsoo-ah, why don't you go collect your things. I'll be out in a minute."

The girl stood and nodded, turning towards the door and leaving. She shut the door behind her, heading down the hallway to her locker. Opening it, she stuffed her things into her bag. Maybe it was because she didn't have any friends or maybe she just had no motivation to arrive on time until she was already running late.

Nothing made sense to her anymore. She often wondered what was so bad about her that she didn't have any friends. Was she just so socially awkward that no one ever approached her? No one would care that she was leaving this school, and they never would. She had no friends to share the upset with. It's too bad really, the teachers were nice. She was just a bad student.

Jongsoo sat in the car with her mother, staring out the window. She wasn't sure what school was left for her to go to now. She had been through so many already that they were running out of options now.

"I swear, child, if you don't start being responsible for yourself..." her mother muttered, "You'll fail high school, you know that?"

Jongsoo bit her lip and gave a small nod, fidgeting with her fingers. Fidgeting was always her stress and anxiety coping mechanism. It was better than totally closing herself off like she used to. She didn't pay attention to most of the drive and she awoke from her wandering mind once the car stopped in the driveway.

Instead of eating lunch, she went inside with her bag of things and went straight to her room. She knew she had probably disappointed her mother very much this time. Instead of going back downstairs, she changed out of her school uniform and into some comfy clothes. She then crawled into bed and dozed off, hoping that her brother would be home by the time she woke up.

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"Cause in life, sometimes we need a helping hand
You'll be alright, just take it slow, one day at a time."

~ ATEEZ ⎮⎮ One Day At A Time

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝