𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

"Can you go to the fridge section and get some milk?" her mother asked, pushing the cart down the breakfast aisle. Nodding, Jongsoo turned and headed toward the fridge section. Cutting down through the candy aisle, she realized that maybe it wasn't her wisest decision of the day. It wasn't that she was tempted by the candy--it was the fact that the very boy she had run away from the day before was standing just a few feet away from her.

She hadn't even noticed Mingi until he called her name, "Jongsoo? I didn't know you were here too."

Yunho looked up from the box of chocolates he was holding and stared at her. She was wearing a hoodie over some shorts and a pair of white sneakers. Her hair was down and went past her shoulders. She was wearing very little makeup if any and he thought she looked so ethereal.

Opening her mouth to speak, nothing came out so she closed it. She hadn't been expecting to find them there, much less in the candy aisle looking at boxes of chocolates. Her eyes shifted to the cute white cat plushie in Mingi's arms. The scene before her looked as if the two boys were preparing to ask a girl out, or at least one was helping the other prepare to do so.

She wasn't sure what to do or say, feeling a sudden pang of sadness in her gut. Looking between the two one last time, she backed out of the aisle and turned the other way. Once out of their sight, she clutched her heart. Why did she feel hurt all of a sudden? Was she upset with Yunho? She thought she had gotten over it.

Letting out a shaky breath, her hands fell to her sides as she slowly made her way back to her mother empty handed. She wasn't going back to get the milk, she'd just make it up to her mother and pick some up at a convenience store on the way home.

"Were they out of milk?" asked her mother, noticing her daughter with empty hands.

Jongsoo slowly nodded, gazing at the floor, "Mhm..."

"Huh, that's weird.." pondered her mother, "I should go ask them to restock."

Jongsoo's eyes widened, "Uhh, no! It's okay! I can just go to the convenience store on our way home and pick up some milk instead."

Her mother slowly nodded, eyeing her daughter, "Well okay then."

"Iseul?" a woman's voice was heard from the other end of the aisle.

Jongsoo's mother turned around, giving the woman a surprised smile, "Oh! Ahnjong, I didn't see you there."

The two women greeted each other cheerfully, both coming closer to talk. Jongsoo could only give Ahnjong an awkward smile, not knowing who on earth the woman was.

Ahnjong gave her a large grin, "Is this Jongsoo? Your daughter?"

Her mother nodded, "Mhm! Jongsoo, this is my coworker, Jung Ahnjong. She's a good friend of mine."

"Oh, nice to meet you," she mumbled with a small bow. It wasn't that she was unhappy to meet her mother's coworker, it was because she had seen Mingi and Yunho together buying chocolates and plushies for reasons unknown to her. A part of her was hoping that Yunho was just helping Mingi prepare to ask a girl out. She didn't know why she felt such disappointment and...anger? Was this jealousy?

"I have a son about your age," Ahnjong commented, "Our families should have dinner together sometime!"

"Oh yes! Absolutely," exclaimed her mother.

"Uhh, speaking of dinner..."started Jongsoo, "I think I'm gonna go and get some. I hope you don't mind me leaving y-"

Her mother waved her off, "Of course not! Go have fun with your friends, you've been alone in your room all day. Have fun!"

Smiling widely, her mother and Ahnjong waved her goodbye. Jongsoo nodded, turning and walking toward the store exit. She shoved her hands in her hoodie's pocket and gulped. There would be no friends joining her for dinner, not tonight.

Pushing the store's door open, a bell rang signalling her exit. Two males watched from the checkout line as she left, both frowning. What had gone wrong between them? Everything had been just fine until he tried to look over her shoulder at her artworks.

The convenience store was her destination. Walking slowly and sulking, she started to mutter, "Bet it's some smart A student who never has a bad hair day, always has her uniform pressed, rich family..." To make matters worse, there was a crack of lightning, thunder soon following afterward. Rain started pouring down and she stared up at the sky, letting a sorrowful sigh escape her lips. At least now no one could tell she'd been crying.

She continued walking, not bothering to pull her hood over to shield her hair from the rain--it already being soaked. Maybe this was how things were meant to go. She was meant to suffer from a horrible love life and not very good friendships. That she'd always get stuck in the rain without an umbrella, that she'd always miss out and lose her chance.

Just as she felt like all hope was lost for her and that she had no one to turn to, the rain suddenly stopped pouring. A shadow was cast on the ground in the shape of a circular form. Looking up, she was met with San. His dark black and red streaked hair was a bit damp from the rain. His eyes were soft and a half smile formed on his lips.

She gulped, her and San weren't really that close. In fact, out of all the boys he was the one she spoke to least. It wasn't that she didn't like him, he was just always so silent and observing around her. He always acted like he was planning the next move in a game of chess. Very careful and precise.

She just stood there, not knowing what to do. But she was sure of one thing now--she may feel alone, but there was someone there for her when she needed them to be.

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"It was you My Shine light
Fate, like the whole True light
I saw each other in the night sky.
Starlight"

ATEEZ ⎮⎮ "Light"

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝