𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

3rd Person POV ⋆·˚ ༘ *: ̗̀➛

Yunho burst through the house' doors, quickly greeting Seonghwa's parents on his way up the stairs, "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Park!" They both waved, a little dazed by the boy's speed and energy.

The door was opened for him as soon as he reached the top of the stairs. A hand popped out of Seonghwa's bedroom doorway and yanked him inside by his shirt, closing the door behind him. Yunho blinked, letting his eyes get accustomed to the light.

Looking around, all the lights were turned off except for a single lamp, there was a whiteboard which Seonghwa usually used for studying but now it contained a bunch of scribbling in which he couldn't make out, and then he finally noticed that Seonghwa was sitting in a wooden chair that he had carried up from the kitchen.

"Umm, Seonghwa-" Yunho started to say.

"Shh, no talking," spoke up San from behind him, making him jump and whirl around. He had no clue where San had come from, he hadn't even noticed him. San stalked over to another chair from the kitchen and sat down, crossing his arms with a grim expression.

Wooyoung appeared from behind the white board with glasses and a dry erase marker, only sparing Yunho a short glance before scribbling more stuff down on the board. "So, you broke her heart?" he asked.

Yunho shrugged, "I-I don't know but she seemed upset..." Scratching the back of his neck, he watched as Mingi placed a pile of papers on Seonghwa's desk.

"Here's some of the notes we've made," he said, pointing to the stack.

Hongjoong entered with a stack of books in his arms, "I've been reading up on female behaviors for the past ten minutes. Here are the books I got from the library."

Yeosang sat in a rolling chair and looked up at Yunho from his phone, "Oh hey, heart breaker boy." Looking over his shoulder, he said, "Hey, Woo, the Internet says that girls like sweets and cute stuff."

"Got it," Wooyoung replied, copying down what his friend said on the board.

Yunho just stood there in a daze, "How did you all have enough time to do this...you're all nuts."

Seonghwa scoffed, "We made preparations ahead of time in case something happened."

"Wha-what?!" he exclaimed, "You expected me to screw up?"

Seonghwa shook his head, "Precautions for all of us."

"Woo, whatcha got?" asked San.

Wooyoung paused from writing, "So far the best idea that we have is to write a letter expressing how sorry he is, a box of sweets, and a plushie."

Nodding in approval, San looked over at Yunho, "Then you need to do just that or else Jongho might find out and kill you."

He gulped, shuddering, "I don't really feel like meeting that kid's fists any time soon."

Yeosang chuckled, "Or ever."

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

Jongsoo parked her bike in the driveway. It appeared that Yunho had left and her mom had gotten home from work. Stepping inside, she kicked off her shoes, "I'm home."

"Soo? Where have you been?" asked her mother, "We had dinner an hour ago."

She shrugged, "I was entering an art competition. Is...Yunho still here?"

"An art competition? Since when? When is it?" her mother bombarded her with questions.

Jongsoo started walking up the stairs, "The competition is next weekend. I submitted some of my art and I won't know if I will place until next Saturday. They're giving away fifty thousand won to the first place winner, forty thousand won to second place, and twenty thousand won to third place."

"Wow..." her mother stood at the bottom of the stairs, "What are you gonna do with that money?"

Shrugging again, she opened the door to her bedroom, "I'm not sure yet." She closed the door behind her and sighed. If she won the competition, then she would be happy with herself. She would feel like she accomplished something and she had faith in the artwork she submitted.

Feeling a bit tired, she took a quick shower and then went to bed. She wasn't really hungry so she didn't bother to eat anything. The more she thought about entering the art competition, the more excited she became. Her artwork she submitted would be part of an art gallery for a week and people would vote which artwork they liked the best.

To her, it would be an eternity until next Saturday came. Thinking about it now, she realized she had to come up with an explanation to Yunho for her behavior earlier...

Maybe he'd totally forgotten what had happened.

The next day was pretty quiet as Jongho had left to hang out with Yeosang and Wooyoung. Jongsoo was left to herself mostly and decided to watch a drama in her room. She wasn't too emotionally invested in the show yet.

"Jongsoo-ah, I'm going to the grocery store," her mother called, "Do you want to come with me?"

Shutting her laptop, she hopped out of bed and popped her head out of her room, "Sure, just give me a minute." She grabbed her shoes and headed downstairs. Usually she didn't enjoy grocery shopping but at least she would be out of the house. 

╔══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╗

"Somewhere above the waves
Still together
Though we don't know where we're going"

ATEEZ ⎮⎮ "Wave"

╚══════ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══════╝