Healing

Zeile's POV

As I'm about to leave the inn to go get my uniform I see my mom quickly walking up the stairs out of the kitchen "what are you doing mom?" I ask and she looks at me "hi sweetie, I'm gonna go give Xiao some almond tofu" She said and I walk over to her "you seem to be in a hurry, I can take it for you" I said then she handed me the plate "are you sure? What about your uniform?" She asked and I giggled "it can wait a few minutes" I said then she smiled and nodded before getting back to work.

I walked up all the stairs to the top balcony and yet again see no one but before I can say anything I see Xiao quickly appear and lean again the railing out of breath and holding his arm, he was covered in blood and clearly injured "shit" I heard him softly mumble.

Xiao didn't seem to notice I was there and I was frozen until he moved his hand and right where his hand was, was a cut that was profusely bleeding "oh my god" I say and set the almond tofu down on a table while quickly walking over to him.

Xiao quickly looked up at me and by the time he did I was already in front of him looking at his wound I then backed up so I wasn't as close "okay sit down I'm gonna go get a first aid kit" I said and he scowled at me "no way, I don't need your human ways of healing" He said.

"sit down I'm gonna go get a first aid kit" I repeat and he covers his wound back up with his hand "no way, I don't need your help, I'll be fine on my own" He said harshly but I wasn't taking no as an answer.

I swiftly pull a chair over and make him sit down in it "stay there while I go get a first aid kit" I said and this time he didn't come back with a rude response he just scoffed and looked away, so I went inside and grabbed one of our first aid kits and went back to the balcony and surprisingly Xiao hadn't moved.

I walk over to him and move his hand then begin to clean the wound, he had no reaction to the pain most would be pulling away from which only made me feel worse "what happened" I asked and he sighed "I was taking care of some demonic hilichurls when an axe wielding mitachurl came up behind me and got a good hit on me" He said and I sighed.

I was done with cleaning so I started wrapping the wound with gauze and bandages "do you have any more" I asked and he glared at me "do you really think I'd let them get more than one good hit on me?" He asked and I smiled "just checking" I said, now finished with taking care of his wound I put everything that didn't need to be thrown away back in the kit "thank you" I hear Xiao softly say before I leave so I turn back to him and smile "you're welcome, oh, and, enjoy your almond tofu" I said, it was now too late to go to Qingce and make it back before night, but I'm happy I didn't go.