Karma

Zeile's POV

I walk up the stairs to the top balcony and see Xiao standing there with his hand resting on the railing, I walk over to him but he seemed lost in thought and pained "Xiao?" I softly spoke as I put my hand on his shoulder "back off!" He said says and pushes my arm off of his shoulder with his arm while turning to me "a-are you okay?" I asked and he just scoffed and looked away "it's none of your business" He said and I frowned "I'd like to think it is" I say and softly smile and he rolls his eyes.

"Why would it be your business" He asked while glaring at me "because you're my friend, and I care about you" I say and place my hand over his "so please tell me what's bothering you" I said and he scoffed and looked away "it's my karma, my karma for ending so many lives" He says and I stare at him for a few seconds in shock "that doesn't make your pain right" I say and he looks at me confused "everyone has killed in their life, no matter how big or how minuscule the life they took was, they don't deserve to be in pain" I said

Xiao's POV

Zeile's hugged me but I didn't hug back "I may not be able to take away the pain but I hope I can help you get through it better" She said while laying her head on my shoulder as I slowly wrap my arms around her, little did she know, she does take the pain away.

She then looks up at me "you're very pretty" She softly mumbles causing me to look at her confused and shocked "what?" I say and she lets go of me as I let go of her "uhh... Nothing! I'm gonna go!" She says then quickly leaves and goes downstairs, I roll my eyes and turn to watch the sunset.

Verr goldets POV

Zeile quickly walks downstairs blushing like crazy "I'm such a coward" She muttered to herself making me confused "is everything alright dear?" I ask and she looks at me "yeah I just s-said something dumb to Xiao. I'm gonna head to my room" She said then walked away into her room.

My husband walked over "what was that?" He asked and I sighed and leaned on the counter "she said something to Xiao and now she feels stupid" I said and it was quiet for a few seconds then I looked back over to him "they're going to end up together" I said and he looked down and sighed "I know, let's just hope he doesn't ruin it" He said and I nodded.