Crave

Zeile's POV

When I woke up, I got dressed and then I headed to the main floor of the inn, where I saw Micah and his dad with their bags saying goodbye to my parents "oh? You're leaving already?" I say curiously and his dad looks at me with a smile "yep, best not keep his mother waiting any longer" he said with a smile.

As they were about to leave Micah looked at me "why don't you walk with us for a little bit" he says and I smiled "of course" I say and follow them out.

Micah's dad went a little ways in front of us before Micah finally spoke up "I won't be staying with my mom for too long, maybe when I come back I can take you to the tavern in Mondstadt, cause you are old enough to drink now" he says.

I shrugged "maybe, it would be best to go with someone I know, so I'm not there alone" I say with a soft giggle, Micah then abruptly stopped so I do as well, he then turns to me and places a hand on my cheek "You look really pretty today and I-" he starts but I accidentally interrupt "oh! Sorry, for interrupting you, I just remember something I had to do. Why don't you tell me when you come back, hope you have fun with your mom" I say.

Micah looked down and seemed dejected "yeah" is all he says before I skip down the path and back into the inn "so how'd it go" my mom asks with a smile "it went good, we just talked" I say before happily walking up the stairs to visit Xiao.

I look around the balcony and frown as I see no one there, as I was about to say his name I spot him on another balcony that I seemed to have missed every time before, it was up high on the very top of the inn.

Xiao didn't seem to have notices I was careful as I climbed up so I didn't slip, once I had my feet safely planted on the floor of the balcony I stood next to Xiao with a smile "Hey! Whatcha doin up here? I just came to say thank you, thank you for rescuing me" I say.

Xiao scoffs as he avoids eye contact with me "I just did what I would've done when anybody in danger calls my name" he says and I frown as I look onto the balcony below "i-i know I was just worried you wouldn't, that because you were mad at me you wouldn't come to my rescue" I say.

I then look at Xiao before hugging him "so thank you" I say before he pushes me off of him, but not hard enough that I fall "I don't need your pathetic affection" he says which broke my heart "so why do I crave it" he mutters before sighing and burying his face in his hands.

Now I was just confused "what?" I say as a soft blush appears in his face as he still avoids eye contact "adepti don't need affection, so why do I crave yours" he started before turning to me, blush evident on his face.

"I crave your voice, I crave your touch, I crave your attention, and I hate myself for it, a person like you shouldn't have this effect on me" he says, this was the most emotion I've ever seen from him and it left me stunned.

In his eyes I could see conflict, between his heart and his mind, he knew he shouldn't love a human but his heart couldn't stop loving me, I then feel him grab my hand and pull me into a soft kiss.

Before I could kiss back he pulled away "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that without asking" he says and I could tell my face was starting to go red, as all of the emotions finally hit me "please do it again" are the first words I say in a while.

Xiao was surprised but gently kissed me which was a surprise seeing as how he was usually quite brash, I melted into the kiss as his hand that wasn't holding mine moved to cup my face.

After a minute or two we pulled away to catch our breath "I was never mad at you, I was mad at myself for how you make me feel and how jealous that friend of yours makes me" he says and I smile "no need to worry about him. We're just childhood friends that's all" I say.

I heard Xiao mutter something but I couldn't hear what it was "what was that" I inquire and he just shakes his head and removes his hand from my face "it's nothing" he says as he turns back forward to watch the plants and animals in the distance.

I join him and rest my head on his shoulder "quick question when you saved me, did you notice anything strange about me? The only reason I was able to call for you is because when he looked at me he got confused" I explain

Xiao was silent for a few seconds "I should not be the one to tell you, ask your parents that question" he says and I nod "I will but right now I just want to be with you" I say.

It was silent for a bit until Xiao began gently squeezing my hand, I look up and see him wincing because of pain "are you alright?" I ask and he softly nods "it's just my karma, though the longer I spend with you makes it less painful, which makes the times without you all the more painful. I feel like I've spilled too much of my emotions already, but with you, I feel as though I'm a better person, that all of the terrible things I've done have just washed away" he explains.

I smile and gently kiss him on the cheek "I'll be sure to visit you every day" I say and I noticed him softly smiling so I gasp and cup his face and make him look at me, which surprised him and made him stop smiling making me frown.

Xiao look at me confused "what?" Is all he says "you were smiling, and I barely got to see it" I say and he sighs "why are you so obsessed with me smiling" he asks while looking to the side "because you never do it, and you have such a pretty smile" I say.

"Fine... I'll smile once and that's it" he says and I nod, he then gives me a bright smile, his cheeks squishing in my hands as his eyes gently closed, though after a few seconds he stops "happy" he says and I nod "very" I say in response.

After the sun had set I grabbed his hand "h-hey, I'm scared" I say and he looks at me confused "to go to sleep" I say and he nods slowly "because of what happened yesterday" he confirms and I nod "can you..." I start but don't finish my sentence because I know it could be taken in a dirty way.

"Just this once alright" he says as he pulls me close, his chest hiding the view of everything else, once he pulls away we were in my room, I got into bed and he slowly got into bed after me.

I cuddled up to him as I slowly begin to fall asleep "I love you" I sleepily say, and it's a little while before I get a response "I love you too... princess" he says, I'm guessing assuming I'm already asleep.

Preview

"Hey mom, I have a question" I start and she looks at me with a smile "and I have an answer" she says in response-My mom softly smiled "Your eyes" she says-"Why do they do that" I ask super confused "Because-