Danger

Zeile's POV

Once I woke up I got dressed and began heading to mondstadt, it surprisingly didn't take that long, except for a few times I had to change course to avoid hilichurls, but I was able to get there before the sun started to set, I walked in and went straight to floral whisper "hi, I'm Zeile, I'm here to pick up the arrangement for Huai'an" I kindly spoke.

The girl looked up at me and nodded before handing me a bouquet of flowers, I paid her then went to good hunter for some food, but as I was walking I started feeling like I was being watched, I shook the feeling as I walked up to the counter "hi what can I get for you?" The lady asks "can I get done Sautéed Matsutake?" I responded and she nodded "coming right up" she said with a bright smile.

After a few minutes, she hands me my food, and I pay her before walking over to a table, as I sat and ate my food the feeling wouldn't go away, but why would someone hurt me when I just got here, once I was done eating I found a place to stay for the night and as soon as I got into the room I put the flowers down and collapsed into the bed drifting into a peaceful sleep.

I wake up to a male on top of me, his hand against my mouth and a knife against my throat "if you scream I'll kill you" he whispered into my ear, I was shaking, this was the scariest moment of my life, my eyes went wide and started to water, as he pulled away from my ear he stared into my eyes, confusion "what the fuck" he says in confusion his hands slightly moving off of me so I push the hand that was covering my mouth to the side "Xiao!!" I yelled.

Why would he help me he was angry with me, right now I meant nothing to him, the guy looked at me, anger in his eyes but before he could move, he is quickly pushed into the wall, Xiao standing above him, Xiao was pissed but as he looked back as me.

The male was passed out and his head was bleeding so Xiao turned to me "are you alright did he hurt you" he asks and I shake my head "he just scared me, and threatened to kill me" I say and Xiao scowls, he looked back at the guy and stabbed him in both his shins, I could tell he wanted to do so much more but he didn't he just stepped away.

Xiao then helped me off of the bed on the side opposite to where the male was "grab the flowers then we can leave" he says and so I did, after I had grabbed the flowers he held me close, an arm wrapped around my waist and a hand on my head, pushing my face into his chest, he was hesitant to let go but he did, and I was now in my room he soon disappeared as I laid on my bed, I was still scared but I didn't want to ask him to stay in case I already pushed his kindness.

Preview

"You are aloud to love and care for others, you don't have to silently suffer by yourself" he says, I felt tears slowly pricking my eyes but I wiped them away before they could fall "Loving hurts" is all I say——I had no true intention of hurting her, only protecting myself from the pain of possibly losing her.