Dream Come True

Zeile's POV

I wake up and realize how late I was for work seeing as how late I woke up, I also realize I was in my bed which was far from where I know I fell asleep 'did Xiao take me to bed?' I think to myself as I quickly get up and get my uniform on.

I go into the main part of the in then straight to the top balcony "Xiao" I say and he soon appears in front of me "what?" He asks simply "I was wondering if it was you who took me to bed," I ask and scoffs "yes it was me, I didn't want you sleeping on the floor," he says.

Before Xiao could turn away I hug him "thank you, that's was very kind of you" I say softly and he is quiet for a few seconds and then he gently hugs me back "don't mention it" he says and I smile, but soon he let's go of me and I let go of him "Hey Zeile! Come down here" my mom yells.

I walk down the stairs into the main part of the inn where I see my parents, and my childhood best friend who I haven't seen for 4 years, that's when it clicks in my mind, that's who was in my dream "Micah!" I tell and run and hug him, I happily lay my head on his chest as his arms wrap around my waist "hey doll" he happily says.

We soon let go of each other and he laughs softly as he looks down at me "it doesn't seem like you've gotten any taller" he jokingly says and I scowl "I HAVE gotten taller, your just a giant" I say and cross my arms and he ruffles my hair "nice outfit by the way" he says while looking me up and down.

I smile and twirl slightly "it's nice isn't it, it's what I'm wearing as my uniform, I don't necessarily have to but I like it, my dad doesn't seem to though," I say "I don't see why you look amazing. And I see you can go up to the top floor now" Micah says then he crouches down slightly so we're the same height "don't know why though, you're still the height of a child" he says and I push him so he falls back "I am not" I say.

Micah laughs as he gets up "I deserve that" he says as he dusts off his clothes "but yes I can go up there, I spend a lot of time up there with Xiao" I happily say and he looks at me confused "who's Xiao?" He asks and I smile "he's an adept us, the vigilant yaksha, and the conqueror of demons, he's really cool," I say then grab Micah's hand and begin dragging him up all the stairs and as I do, I notice my parents have gotten back to work.

We step onto the balcony and I let go of his hand "Xiao" I softly speak but he doesn't appear causing me to pout softly "Xiao~" I say louder but he doesn't appear "maybe he's busy, he is the conqueror of demons after all" Micah says calmly before putting his hands behind his head "if you need me I'll be downstairs" he says and walks away.

I sigh and walk to the railing and gently place my hands on it when I see Xiao appear next to me, I smile and look at him "why didn't you appear sooner, I wanted you to meet Micah" I say and he scowls "I didn't want to, I don't like him" he says and I frown "why don't you like him?" I ask and he turns to me "do I have to like your friends" he asks.

I was taken aback slightly "w-well no but-" I say but he cuts me off "then there you go. If you want to talk to me, it'll have to be when he's gone," he says then disappears, I look down at the ground before going back downstairs.

My mom looks at me confused "are you alright" she asks and I nod "yeah, why wouldn't I be" I respond with a smile "it's just you never come down so soon" she says "I have work to do, don't I" I say with a giggle, there was something wrong but I didn't want to tell her.

Preview

"We are gonna hang out today" he says---"So where are we going?" I ask and he looks at me with a smile "Liyue Harbor"---- 'I don't want him to leave but his presence feels off'--- he clasped a necklace around my neck and when I turn to look at him he places a hand on my cheek "a perfect crown, for a perfect princess" he softly says