Late Night

No one's POV

Xiao walked down the stairs knowing everyone else would be in bed, except for one person Verr Goldet, he walked right up to the counter causing Verr to get very confused "we need to talk" he spoke quietly but also harshly.

Verr looked at Xiao confused since he never goes into the main part of the inn "about what" she asks and is stared back at by his golden gaze "Zeile, she's not fully human, is she" Xiao said and verr smiled softly and shook her head "No, she's is not. I'm part Adeptus, and some of my powers passed onto her. What makes you ask " Verr says.

"She told me about her dream," Xiao said which slightly confused Verr since Zeile hadn't mentioned any dreams recently "what was her dream about?" Verr asks and Xiao just turns away "ask her yourself, I got what I wanted, now I can go," Xiao said.

Verr sighed just as Zeile walked over "what were you talking to Xiao about" Zeile asked tiredly "oh nothing much, why are you awake I thought you were going to sleep" Verr says and Zeile nods softly "yeah, I was, but, I couldn't get to sleep" she says then is quiet for a second "if you won't tell me what you two were talking about then I'll go ask him" she says.

Zeile then begins to head for the stairs "I doubt he'll tell you either" Verr says and Zeile just looks back at her with a smile "I have my ways" she cheerfully says with a giggle before walking up the stairs.

Just as Xiao was about to disappear Zeile came up the stairs and stepped onto the balcony "hi Xiao" she spoke sweetly and he just looks back at her over his shoulder "tsk, what do you want?" He asks and Zeile smiles and walks over to him "well I saw you talking to my mom, and I was wondering what it was about" she says.

Xiao glares at Zeile slightly "it's not important" he says and she pouts "please tell me" she says and he just looks forward and ignores her, she hugs his arm and rest her head on his shoulder "please~~" she said while looking up at him "we were talking about you, your don't need to know the rest. Now, g-get off of me" he says and she let's go of him.

Zeile looks up at the sky, she's quiet for a few seconds before smiling softly "we've never hung out this late before" she calmly says and joins her in looking up at the sky "Liyue is so peaceful at night" she softly states "Mhm... Do you know constellations?" Xiao asks while looking at her.

Zeile looks at Xiao "not really" she says "I can show you them" he says and she smiled "I'd love that" she says and he looks back up at the sky, but as he's about to start talking she lays down on the balcony and he looks at her confused "join me... It's a human thing" she explains with a smile.

Xiao reluctantly lays next to her and she puts her head on his chest, surprisingly he didn't shove her off he just scoffed and began to point out the different constellations that were visible, which was actually more than usual since it was a clear night.

Zeile smiled listening to the quiet of the night, Xiao softly speaking, and his heartbeat, her eyes began slowly fluttering closed still trying to listen to Xiao talk but soon failed and fell asleep.

Preview

I wake up realizing I was late for work because of how late I woke up, I also realized I was in my bed, which was far from where I fell asleep 'did Xiao take me to bed?' I think to myself as I get up and get my uniforms on— "Zeile! Come here" my mom yells and I walk into the main part of the inn "hey doll"