Makeup

Zeile's POV

I slowly walk up to Xiao and when I'm a few feet behind him he turns to look at me with a scowl "what?" He asks annoyed and I just smile at him "so you know when we talked a few days ago and I asked about your eyeliner, well I was wondering if you would do my eyeliner?" I asked and he scoffed "no" Is all he said before turning around.

I pouted and placed my head on his shoulder "please~" I ask and he groans in annoyance "fine, whatever, just sit down and close your eyes" He says so I move one of the chairs out from the table then sit down and close my eyes.

I soon feel Xiao begin to do my eyeliner "oh! That's cold" I say surprised "tsk, what did you expect. Now just, sit still" he says "sorry, sorry. Oh I just remembered something, a dreamt last night" I say happily "okay~ and why does it matter to me that you had a dream?" He asks "well, I don't dream much, but when I do, somethin-" I say then feel him stop do I slowly open my eyes.

Xiao was sat on a chair in front of me, with the now-closed eyeliner in his hand "oh? You're done? I didn't expect you to finish so quickly" I say, allowing my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the sun, Xiao scoffed and looked away, his face also seemed to go a little red "as you were saying," he says.

"Oh right, I rarely dream, but when I do, something that happens in my dream, usually happens in the real world within at most a week," I say and he looks at me confused "what was your dream about?" He asks sounding intrigued

"well, there seemed to be a jump in time, it started with me going into the main part of the inn and seeing... I don't remember who, it's all fuzzy but I can tell I'm close to them... A-and that's where the jump happens, I was then in monstadt, with someone dressed in all black on top of me trying to kill me, and then I wake up" I say, knowing I was leaving out the last part of the dream, but I doubt it will happen so it's not important.

Xiao was looking at me shocked "that.. was your dream?" He asks sounding genuinely confused "yeah, I really hope it's not the last half that happens. I guess I'll just have to be careful around monstadt" I say jokingly with a giggle.

Xiao puts the eyeliner on the table and then gets up and walks over to the railing "I... Have a question for you" he says and I look at him confused "what is it" I ask and he was quiet for a few seconds "Why-... Why can you be around me" he asks and I get confused "what do you mean?" I ask.

Xiao looks at me while scowling "most humans can't be around adepti or gods for a prolonged period without it seriously affecting their health, why are you just fine" he asks while crossing his arms "I-I don't know, my mind says that when I was little I was always getting myself into trouble around adepti, so I guess that just made it so I didn't have a problem" I say.

Xiao then scoffs and looks away from me "is that bad?" I ask but he ignored me, I sigh and get up and head downstairs "I think I'm gonna go to bed early," I say to my mom and she just looks at me with a smile "goodnight," she says kindly.

Preview

Xiao walked down the stairs knowing everyone else would be in bed, except for one person Verr Goldet, he walked right up to the counter causing Verr to get very confused "we need to talk" he spoke quietly but also harshly