Trip to Liyue Harbor

Zeile's POV

I was working and went to grab something from on the shelves when I see it being grabbed by someone behind me, I turn around and see Micah holding it towards me "here you go doll, I was unsure you could even reach it so I just grabbed it for you" he explained with an Innocent smile.

I glared at him and took it from his hand and walk away with a giggle, he followed me around or just stood by, my entire workday, and then when I got changed out of my uniform he was standing outside my door "are you finally done with work" he asked with an annoyed sigh.

"Yep" I happily say with a smile "good, because we're gonna hang out today," he says with a smile as he puts his arm around my shoulder, we walk upstairs and he looks at my mom "I'm taking her out," he says while pointing to me "okay?" My mom says confused he then turns to look up at the balcony "hey dad! I'm headed out" he says but before he got a response he took me outside.

"So where are we going?" I ask and he looks at me with a smile "Liyue Harbor" he says simply "won't that take too long, it'll be dark by the time we get there" I say and he laughs slightly "no it won't, don't worry. It shouldn't take that long" he says and I cross my arms "nothing takes long for you, with your long-ass legs" I say and he looks at me shocked "ooo~ when did you learn that kind of language" he says and I stick my tongue out at him making him laugh.

We actually made it to Liyue Harbor before the sunset and he just puts his arm around my shoulder "told you~" he hums and I stay silent, as I look around it was hard to stay upset, Liyue was beautiful and it felt like forever since I'd been there even though it hasn't even been a month.

Micah then grabbed my hand and started walking again "Alright, off to the first thing of the day, food" he says then takes me to wanmin restaurant "hello, what can I get for ya?" Chef Mao, before I can speak Micah starts ordering "I'll have the minty meat rolls, and she'll have the crystal shrimp" he says then looks over at me with a smile "if that is still your favorite" he says and I quickly nod "it'll be ready soon" chef Mao says.

Once our food is ready I go to pay but Micah stood me "nope, I'm paying" he says, and before I can get a word in he pays and we go to walk away "have fun on your date" chef Mao say and Micah looks back at him with a smile "we will" he says and waves softly as we continue to walk away.

I look up at him confused "why did you do that? We're not on a date" I say and he looks down at me with a smile "I just think it's kinda useless to say we're not on a date, there's a high chance they won't believe us so just say thank you and move on" he explains and I smile.

We sit down by the water and begin to eat, it's silent for a little bit before I finally speak up "do you know how long you'll be staying at the inn?" I ask while looking over at him "hmm, I probably won't stay for that long, but if you want I could stay longer" he says and I shake my head "no-no, you should stay with your dad" I say with a smile before looking down at the water.

With Micah, I feel like I did years ago back when we were hanging out daily, but I also feel selfish, I love hanging out with Micah but also hate not being able to talk to Xiao, despite Micah being so nice to me, everything feels off, I don't want him to leave but his presence feels off, and while he's here and can't spend time with Xiao, I hate thinking like this.

I then see Micah snapping in front of my face "hello~ earth to Zei" he says and I look at him "sorry, I zoned out for a bit" I say and laugh nervously, he just smiles "it's alright" he says and after a little bit we finish our food and he stands up, I soon follow but before I found move he stand behind me and grabs my his "stay still I wanna give you a little gift" he says and I stay put.

I soon feel him putting a necklace on me, once he's got it clasped around my neck I look down and see that it's a plain silver chain with a crown pendant, I turn to look at him and when I do he gently places his hand on my cheek "a perfect crown, for a perfect princess" he softly says, I see out of the corner of my eye the sun setting, the pinks, oranges, and purples spreading throughout the sky so I turn to look at them, making him remove his hand from my face "wow, it's so beautiful" I mutter.

I hear Micah mutter something under his breath but I couldn't quite understand it so I look at him "what was that?" I ask and he shakes his head "nothing, let's just head back, it's getting late" he says and I nod then we begin our walk back.

Once we approach the inn the sun had already set, I notice Xiao on the top balcony glaring down at your but when I meet his gaze he rolls his eyes and turns away before disappearing, I want to try and talk to him but currently, I'm too exhausted, when we walk in my mom walks over to us "you two were sure out for a long time" she says and Micah gently rubs the back of his neck "yeah, sorry about that" Micah says.

Preview

I hesitantly walk up the stairs 'will he even talk to me? Should I even do this? What if it just makes everything worse?" I think, questions running through my head with every step I take, when I get to the top I look onto the balcony and see Xiao standing there, I begin to walk over to him but as soon as I step onto the balcony he glares at me "wait! Before you go, I just... I just want to talk to you" I say.