Visitation

Zeile's POV

Eventually, the days all mushed into one, I lost track of time and would barely leave my room, I no longer felt upset with my mom or anyone but I still felt off, I didn't feel like myself and I still felt weak so most of the time I just laid in bed. As I looked out my window I could see the bustling crowds sitting at the tables, today was a busy day and I felt bad not helping which made me feel even worse about the funk I was in. I heard a gentle knock on my door and expected it to be my mom bringing me some food again "Come in" I called with a sigh "Just leave it by the door" I say as I hear the door open.

Instead of an actual answer, I got a laugh, a laugh that I could tell was not from my mother "I don't know what you're expecting me to leave but okay" Micah said with a smile. I quickly turned to him and grinned, finally being able to talk with someone "Micah! I haven't been able to talk with someone in so long" I said as I quickly hugged him "I get not wanting to get sick but leaving you alone like that is cruel" Micah said as I let go of him "You are sick right?" He asked and I let out a sigh "Yeah, everyone says I'm sick but I feel fi-" I stumbled "mostly fine" I said, grabbing onto Micah's arm to stabilize myself.

"Maybe you should sit down" Micah said as he looked at me concerned "I'm fine, I promise. Jeez, you're just as bad as my mom" I said with a laugh as I let go of his arm "So how was visiting your mom" I asked and he laughed softly "It was fun, she's the same as always but the weather was crazy. The rainbow after was beautiful though" he said, softly smiling at me "I should go visit her sometime, it's been so long since I've actually seen her" I said as I leaned against the post of my bed frame "She'd absolutely love that, she kept saying how much she misses you. I think she might miss you more than she misses me" he said and I laughed "I always have been her favorite" I said with a grin.

"How did you get sick" Micah asked, I didn't exactly want to tell him about the whole Adeptus thing since he might treat me differently than "I... Just- um. Stayed out in the rain for too long" lying to him was difficult and I could tell he could see through it "So I was told you visited a few days ago" I said, trying to get Micah to stop asking questions about me being sick "Yeah, we had to come back a little sooner with everything that was going on" Micah said.

"Oh no, what's going on? Is your mom okay?" I asked and Micah quickly grabbed me by the shoulders "Zeile, are you okay?" Micah asked, I had told him I was fine but he was still so worried "I'm fine-" that answer wasn't good enough for him "don't give me that. If you're fine you wouldn't still be stuck in your room" he said, and I sighed "I'm apparently part adeptus and it's been fucking everything up" I said and Micah went to let go of me, he loosened his grip and pulled his hands back but instead dropped his hands down to hold mine "Micah, I-" I said as I tried to pull my hands away "Will it hurt me also, is that why you're stuck in here?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't think so, since it's never been a problem before, I'm pretty sure my adeptal energy is too diluted to do anything. And... I'm not entirely stuck in here I just haven't seen a reason to leave since I can barely stand more than two seconds" I said and Micah gave me a look of pity "if it hasn't been a problem before why is it a problem now" he asked. I knew the reason but I didn't entirely understand it "I... I just found out and apparently, the human part of me got freaked out and was suddenly very affected by the adeptal energy but because I am still an Adeptus it just made me weak. And... Being touched by the adepti hurt really bad" I explain.

Micah was intently listening to what I was saying, humming and nodding along with everything I said. "So basically I just have to get used to it and suck it up since it's practically just a waiting game" I said and Micah finally let go of my hands "So, how did you find out being... touched by the adepti hurt?" He asked and I let out a slightly nervous laugh "So, you know that Adeptus I told you about? The one I said wasn't my boyfriend... Learned the hard way. And my mom's hugs started to kinda hurt" I said, Micah looked angry. I knew he hated seeing me hurt but that seemed a little much.

A knock then rang through the room "Micah, Zeile. It's dinner time" my mom said as she walked into the room. Micah quickly took several steps away from me before turning to the door "I brought food for the two of you" she said as she pushed open the door "Thank you" I said with a soft smile and Micah hesitantly took the plate from her "I think I'm actually gonna eat outside, I haven't been able to do that for a while" Micah said as he slipped passed my mom out the door "you need to be careful Zei" she said as she handed me my plate "I know... I know. You say that so much lately" I say and she then leaves the room.

So, so. After a year I'm finally back and still mentally unwell 🤩. I also have a question for the fans of this book. Do y'all want smut? I can add smut if you want but I'm not going to if y'all don't want it.