Birthday Special

Zeile's POV

I had just gotten done with my shift so I walk over to my mom and lean against the counter before sighing, my mom giggles "you might want to go see Xiao, it is his birthday after all" My mom says and I quickly turn to her "what?! He never told me his birthday!" I said and crossed my arms offended causing my mom to giggle "don't worry, I only found out after a while of pestering" My mom said and I quickly started to head to the kitchen "where are you going" My mom asked.

I looked back at her "to make some almond tofu since it will be my present to him is feel bad if I wasn't the one time make it" I said with a smile before quickly heading down to the kitchen causing the chef to look at me slightly weird but I was determined.

I made it as well as I could then I happily walked up all the stairs and onto the top balcony to see Xiao calmly looking at the view "Happy birthday Xiao" I said and he turned to me and I stuck my arms out, putting the plate right in front of him, he took it and scoffed "I don't see why you humans are so invested in birthdays, it doesn't seem that important to me" He said while starting to eat the almond tofu "well, it's a day to celebrate someone you care about coming into this world. But... I can see why it's not as important to you, you've had way more and any human" I said.

He scoffed and turned back around "celebrate it however you want" He said which caused me to smile, I walked over next to him and stood next to him as we both watched the view, liyue was beautiful.

I subconsciously leaned my head against his shoulder, but he didn't push me off immediately, he just scoffed and I quickly stopped and stood up straight "I'm sorry I didn't mean to" I said but he didn't respond, I looked up at him to find he was done with his almond tofu, I smile and take the empty dish from his hands and place it on the table before grabbing his hand "now come with me" I said.

I took him outside the inn to a clearing with lots of pretty flowers "why are we out here?" He said and I let go of his hand "sit down and wait then you'll see" I said while looking at him with a smile, he scoffed but sat down as I started picking flowers and turning them into a flower crown, once I had enough I turned to him and showed it to him "tadaa" I said happily before putting it on his head, when I did he handed me a crystal fly so I smiled and put it in my hair as a sort of hair clip before giggling.

Xiao's POV

Zeile put the crystal fly I gave her in her hair, she looked gorgeous. I handed her the rest I have in my hand, she looked down at then in awe before smiling brightly, she put them on her lap before gently taking the flower crown off me, she started putting the crystal fly's in my hair, that's not what I wanted her to do with them.

Wait... Why do I care about what she does? Why do I always do as she says? Why do I care about her feelings? Why do I try to make her happy? Why is she so pretty? I'm an adeptus, I shouldn't care this much for a human.

"And... Done" She says after putting the flower crown back on my head which snapped me out of my thought, the crystal fly sparkled in her hair, her smile was as bright as ever, and the sun was setting right behind her, painting the sky with pinks, oranges, and yellows which she seemed to notice also, she looked back and pouted "I guess we should get back now" She said but before she could turn back around I vanished.

Zeile's POV

I walk up the balcony to see xiao, he turned to me and handed me back the crystal flies, he had takes everything out of his hair "keep them" He said and I took the crystal flies in my hands and realized something "hey! You shouldn't be giving ME things on YOUR birthday" I said and he scoffs "your company was enough" He said causing me to smile "hey since you know my birthday when is yours. I mean cmon it's only fair right" He said referencing when I asked his age causing me to giggles "June 24" I said and he nodded then turned back to watch the sun finish setting.

A/N

Hello readers! This is not part of the actual story I just wanted to get something out for xiao's birthday BUT you may or may not see something on June 24 🤭 (really depends on if I remember or not)