7// black

Isabella

Waking up with a huge headache, dried tears to my cheeks. Mr snuffles close to my body and my shoulders and ribs hurting like a mother fucking bitch. All memories from yesterday float in and I felt myself back on the edge of crying. Pull yourself together Bella, don't waste another tear on liars.

I slap the blanket off of me and slowly walk to the bathroom, grabbing some clothes on my way to it. I took a random hoodie (gotta love the hoodies people) and some grey pants. Looking at myself in the mirror, I could see that I cried my eyes out yesterday. I saw every memory from yesterday fell out of my eyes and rolled over my cheek. I looked myself right in the eyes and I saw nothing.

You naive little girl.

How is it that their betrayal hurt more than being punched by my stepfather. How is it that I care so much for them in so less time. How is it that I allowed myself to even cry about them. How is it that even after what they did, I can't seem to leave them. I can't seem to runaway. 

I can't seem to see them as monsters. 

Alright, enough sad thoughts. I splashed some water in my face and went out of my room. I stood in the hall, looking with pain at each door of my brothers. What can I say, betrayal hurts like a bitch.

I slowly walk downstairs, not caring if somebody would see me limb, they already knew anyways. I felt numb, maybe because of the painkillers, but that doesn't matter. My eyes showed no emotion, no anger, no sadness, nothing. I felt like someone killed me, but I'm still breathing.

That's a defense technique, if you were wondering. When I get hurt, I shut everything out. And when I break, all those emotions come back to the surface and express themselves like a tsunami.

I walked to the living room and stopped my steps when I stood in the doorway. Matteo was sitting on the couch with his head in his arms, Emilio was staring at the ceiling with his hands hooked together. Rodrigo was eating breakfast in the kitchen, looking at the TV screen. Riccardo was sleeping  between Matteo and Emilia and Lorenzo was working in his computer besides Rodrigo. The all looked horrible, like they didn't slept a wink.

"Isabella...you're awake." Matteo said, grabbing my attention.

No, I died and I'm hunting your asses down, what do you think?

Matteo's eyes met mine and I could see shock in his eyes. Probably because mine were empty. All eyes were on me right now, expect Riccardo who was snoring.

"Loca, how did you sleep?" Emilio carefully asked.

I moved my eyes away from Matteo and Emilio and ignored his question. I walked to the kitchen but I stopped when Rodrigo stood up and blocked my way. I looked up to him and for a split second I could see surprise in his eyes but it went as fast as it came.

"He asked you a question."

And I didn't felt answering.

"Silent treatment huh? How long will you last? Until lunch or until dinner? Just stop with the act already Isabella. Let's sit down and talk." 

Yeah sure! Let's sit down and talk, maybe have some tea and some cookies.

I waited a few seconds, still staring him right in the eyes before taking a step aside. Still holding his gaze and then walk away without saying anything. 

Rodrigo turned around and I took an apple. Everyone was staring at me either confused or sad. Rodrigo looked more surprised but I still could see a hint of sadness.