8// the medical

Lorenzo

"Lorenzo drive faster! She blacked out!" 

My eyes went wide. "How do you mean she blacked out?" I said while pressing harder on the gas pedal. Screw speed limits, it's not like the police will give me a fucking warning, those mother fucker don't even dare to look at me.

"How do you mean how do you mean she blacked out? It's not like she fucking turned black! She blacked out, you know, closing your eyes but still breathing, sleeping but in a bad way, not responding but still alive-"

"Alright alright I get it I get it! Emilio, call the medical. They need to be ready when we're there. Matteo keep her fucking alive I don't care if she has a cold or she blacked out, you keep your eyes on her and make sure she's okay! Rodrigo get extra men to surround the building. Riccardo help Matteo when the car stops."

Dammit this is all my fault. I should have brought her the first moment I saw her ribs, but no, I needed to know what happened and I need to break my sister's trust to do so. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

"Trust you? Trust you?! How can you expect me to trust you? You know for a successful and respected businessman you're pretty dumb."

She was right, I hate it when she's right. And she's almost always right.

I miss her already, her voice, her laughs, her sassy comments. I don't even know from who she got the sass, all I know is that she has a lot of it.

Finally the medical was at the end of the road.

"Get ready boys." I parked the car and immediately got out. Matteo was caring Isabella, Riccardo was getting all of our stuff, Emilio was running to open the door, Rodrigo was ordering the guards what to do. 

Matteo gave Isabella to me and ran before me so he could put on his doctor shit. We ran with Isabella in my arms into the building. Everywhere we go, people bowed their heads to us in respect but then gave us a shocked expression when they saw the unconscious girl in my arms.

All my brothers and I gave them all a glare at the exact same time what made them scared and walk away. We finally got into the right department and Matteo turned around.

"Give me five minutes."

"Hurry the fuck up Matteo." He nodded as he ran in a random room.

We all sat into a chair, me holding Isabella close to me. I looked at her face. I could feel tears coming up, her face was in a painful expression, her arms wrapped protectively over her ribs. You could see the bruises on her arms and legs and that's when it hit me.

I never asked myself what it would be to be in her place. I just putted more pressure on her, I never let her cry out, let her talk, or even listened to her. I swear Bella, I'll make it up to you. So much for being a good big brother Enzo.

Enzo...

She's the only one who's allowed to call me that. Fun fact is that she called me that as soon as she could speak. She never called me Lorenzo. And since then, no one was allowed to call me Enzo. Without knowing this, she called me Enzo and I was so happy. Over a stupid nickname.

A stupid nickname that meant the world to me...

"Alright, put her on the bed Lorenzo." Matteo said rushing in. We all entered the room. Well we tried.

"I'm sorry guys, you can't come in. Lorenzo put her on the bed and let us do our jobs okay? Get something to eat while you wait and get some water okay? I'll handle it." 

And just like that I stood in front of a closed door without Isabella in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~