39// Italy

Take a good look at the photo here above so you don't have to scroll all your way up in the middle of the chapter <3

Third person

"Welcome, friends, family, loved ones. We're gathered here today to say goodbye to our loved Santiago. We were blessed to have eighteen years with this angel on earth, yet he was needed more in heaven." The priest said as the ceremony started. Everyone dressed in black, the whole Castillo family gather together, the whole place filled with security.

All the Castillo males wore their cold expression, not showing any kind of sadness while the females were trying to stop more tears from falling.

Katie stood next to Calix, Noah, Levi and Hunter. All of them standing behind Isabella. Calix looking constantly at Isabea, checking if she was alright.

The fact that she didn't show any emotions, was terrifying for the five teenagers. Katie knew how his death had affected her, yet it seems like she was following a boring math class.

Isabella, she didn't know what to feel anymore.

Sad? Of course, she lost her brother, her cousin, her family. She felt like a part of her died with him that night, like she was losing herself. Just like she lost him.

Angry? Yes, he could still be alive if it wasn't for Kyra. Santiago would have survived it and they all would laugh about the accident in a few months.

Guilty? Sadly yes, she couldn't help but feel that a part of his death was still her fault. No matter how many times you'll explain to her how Kyra is the one to blame, she will never fully forgive herself.

Why? She has no clue.

Gabriel couldn't understand it, after all these years being locked up and almost giving up hope, he got back to his family only to hear his little buddy died.

He died at eighteen years old

Eight fucking teen.

He knew his daughter blamed herself, everyone did. It killed him to his daughter in so much pain and self destruction.

She needed to get away from here, because the second reality would hit her that he was really gone, she would break down.

And that's when she needed her family. And they would be right behind her.

Angelina was crying non stop, yet Romolo stood there as a statue.

These last days, from getting his brother back to organizing the funeral of his own son was overwhelming. And in the last days he and Angelina did nothing but fight.

It isn't looking good and even his eldest son, Julio sensed it. They weren't fighting over Isabella or Santiago anymore. They were basically fighting about everything and it was slowly driving themselves crazy.

Grandma and grandpa were doing their best the hold their family together. They helped everywhere they could, made sure everyone are enough and had enough sleep.

But for their youngest, it was a different case. She didn't come out of her room the entire time. Everyone was getting worried.

Not only did she had to deal with the realization that Santiago was actually dead, but she had to realize that the woman living right under her nose wasn't the same woman she knew.

It was one of the most difficult things for Isabella to ignore.

The fact that her mother is the exact copy as her abuser. Just imagine what she needs to go through.