Love In The Tunnels

Setting: during Legendary/one of the nights during the Caraval in Valenda
Inspiration: The Harry Potter room of requirement inspired this. I was also thinking about what an amazing romance could have been during Legendary if Julian and Scarlett hadn't fought, so here you go!

Warning: this gets really heated, but nothing too mature, so just keep that in mind while reading.

Scarlett sat alone in her room, bored from having to wait to meet Julian in the early morning for breakfast or dinner, depending on how you viewed your meals during Caraval. Scarlett's eyes scanned the room for some entertainment, but only found a large bookcase that would keep her occupied for the time being.

Her eyes flickered over the books until she found one worth reading: "Secrets and Passages"

She tugged on the book, deciding that it would be a good way to kill the remaining thirty minutes before seeing Julian. As she removed the book from the shelf, the bookcase began to shift, turning until there was a tunnel before her eyes.

"What in the world?" Scarlett breathed, startled by how quickly everything had shifted. She saw a small torch that rested a foot away from a small fire-powered lantern hanging on the ceiling. She took the torch in her hand and lit it using the lantern so she would be able to guide herself through the dark passageway.

The walls were made of rough stone that had different symbols engraved on them, faded from the years. Scarlett found herself walking at a slow pace, trying to take in the designs that coated the walls. Boredom was far from her mind as the tunnel seemed to descend slightly until the tunnel split, giving her two options to choose from.

Scarlett eyed both passages carefully, trying to figure out which one would be worth pursuing. The tunnel to the left seemed warmer, so she started towards it deciding she would explore the right one at a later time. She thought maybe Julian could come with her to discover what lay ahead.

When she finally reached the end of the tunnel, a bookcase like hers guarded the exit. There was another lantern hanging that was identical from the one she found earlier with the exception that it was unlit. Scarlett raised her torch to the lantern, lighting it, causing a domino effect.

The designs in the wall started to glow as the bookcase slowly turned, opening the exit revealing a room similar to hers. As she stepped inside, her breath hitched in her throat and her heart beat a little faster.

"I was just coming to see you, Crimson, but it seems you have beat me to it," Julian laughed, though his eyes studied the tunnel carefully. "How'd you know about that?"

"I didn't, I went to read a book when the bookcase turned into a secret entrance. I'm glad I took the left tunnel otherwise I may have been late," she smiled as she walked over to greet him with a kiss.

His hands immediately grabbed onto her hips and her hands ruffled through his hair as if it was natural as breathing. He kissed her hungrily as the couple hadn't seen much of each other the whole day. When one of them broke apart so they could catch their breaths (though neither could figure out who broke the kiss first), Julian whispered into her ear.

"I don't know about you, but I'm curious where that other tunnel leads." his voice was low and seductive while his lips brushed her ear as he spoke.

He began to nibble on her earlobe as she responded, "What about our breakfast for dinner?" Scarlett found she had a hard time responding, enjoying the sensation that flooded through her when Julian kissed her ear. She had decided to call their meal 'breakfast for dinner', still unsure what to name it.

"We can get to that later. Besides, I'm hungry for something else." the grin that spread across his face was devilish.

"You were born a scoundrel and you will always be a scoundrel, Julian Santos." Scarlett rolled her eyes, but a small smirk edged its way onto her face nonetheless. She took his hand in hers and set off into the tunnels once again.