bleeding for you

request: Scarlett taking care of Julian, him breaking a bone, getting sick or something (I think this request was from HowlsBae26 although I'm not sure since I couldn't find their comment)

(also combined with the dialogue prompt "I can't stop thinking about you)

this isn't him sick, but it is him injured? Ig it goes hand in hand with a broken bone

When Scarlett had started getting herself ready for bed in she and her sister's shared apartment, she certainly had not planned for this.

It was late at night when he knocked on the apartment door, and Scarlett was lucky (lucky in terms it wasn't her sister answering, but unlucky she had to see someone she cared about injured) she was the one who answered the door.

       Julian stood in the doorway, something immediately off as Scarlett regarded his silhouette.

      "I know how this looks, Crimson, and I can assure you it looks a lot worse than it really is." Julian leaned against the wooden doorframe, as if he wasn't strong enough to keep himself standing.

      A shaky hand raised to her open mouth as horror filled Scarlett. Her stomach felt hollow and tears sprung to her eyes. She became dizzy all of a sudden but she knew she needed to be strong for him.

       "What in all the hells happened to you, Julian?" Scarlett asked quietly, rushing towards him.

       One of his eyes was half shut, already a little purple. His lip was busted, knuckles bloody, and deep red blood stained his ivory shirt. Her hand cupped his cheek, trying to provide him a small amount of comfort.

        "It really isn't..." he trailed off, blinking a few times before gathering himself again. "...it isn't that bad."

        Scarlett shook her head before grabbing his hand and leading him into her room, letting her attention momentarily fall on her unconscious mother. Useless. "Why is it that you're always coming to me late at night and injured?"

Julian fell against her, and Scarlett quickly caught him. She wrapped an arm around his shoulder now, and his arm around her waist as he used her for support. "I wouldn't have come here but the palace is too far, and I don't know how much longer I can go without passing out."

Scarlett propped him on her bed, taking deep breaths. He would be okay, he would be okay, he would be okay.

She had never regretted making that game between Nicolas and Julian more than she had in that instant.

"That blood on your chest better not be there because you strategically smeared it so I'd-"

"I was shanked in the chest." Julian said it as if it was a joke, but as he ripped off his shirt, buttons flying to the floor, it was very evident he was telling the truth.

Scarlett was going to be nauseous. A thick slash on his brown skin was oozing blood. "You need stitches, I'll... go get the first aid kit in the bathroom. Don't go anywhere."

"I'm not really in a state to go anywhere, Crimson," he called after her as she rushed to the bathroom.

She rummaged through the medicine cabinet, pulling out the kit. She doubled check there was a needle and thread, along with disinfectant and bandages. She rushed back to Julian to find his eyes closed.

"No, no, no." She moved beside him, brushing hair from his forehead.

He opened his eyes slowly, staring at Scarlett intently. Something about the way he looked at her made the action more intimate than Scarlett planned. "You look gorgeous in the moonlight."